XTREME BENEFEST: A Benefit Concert For JAMES MUPRHY

The following very important message comes to us from Cheri Anderson (a.k.a. "Cheribomb"), promoter of the Xtreme Benefest, a two-day benefit festival for former TESTAMENT/DEATH guitarist James Murphy:

James Murphy (ex-TESTAMENT, DEATH, OBITUARY, CANCER, more) was diagnosed with a massive brain tumor last August 2001 & underwent emergency life saving surgery in Sept. 2001 (just about 2-1/2 months before Chuck Schuldiner of DEATH passed away from his brain tumor). The surgeons were only able to remove about 70% of James' tumor, because it wraps around the optic nerve. So he lives with the remaining 30%, and has to take many Rx's for the rest of his life. One, which he takes five times a day, is meant to possibly help shrink the remaining tumor. He has taken it for a year now & recently had another MRI. The doctors informed him that it has not shrunk. He is scheduled for another MRI in less than 9 months. We, his fans from around the world, hope he doesn't have to go through radiation treatments, but he may face that one day. Because of the tumor's effects, James lost his home, his recording studio, his equipment, his collections, his band gear, and much more. He is not even able to drive anymore. He has no insurance and no income.

I have worked my hardest for five months so far, setting up & organizing a huge benefit fest, called Xtreme Benefest, to help raise medical funds for James Murphy. Xtreme Benefest will be held on Friday & Saturday, November 15 & 16, 2002 (only about 38 days away from now). It will take place at the Royal Oak Theatre, 318 West 4th St., Royal Oak, Michigan. Tickets are on sale now, and available directly through Xtreme Benefest or thru Ticketmaster. 30 bands are scheduled to perform during this two-day event. Many making history, having surprises in store for everyone, etc. There will also be some nightly raffles too. I even have James Murphy taking the stage for the very first time since surgery!

The 30 bands performing at this benefit are:

CRYPTOPSY
DEVOURMENT
C4
(feat. Michael Angelo)
SEVEN GATES (feat. Sonny Lombardozzi, world's second double-guitarist)
INTERNAL BLEEDING
INTERNAL SUFFERING
WACO JESUS
FLESHGRIND
SUMMON
(feat. James Murphy on cover of DEATH's "Left to Die")
GORGASM
LIVIDITY
MUTILATED
SECRETION
SUTURE
DEMISE
REGURGITATION
MORTALITY
EVIL INCARNATE
SAPROGENIC
REPROBATION
SPINECAST
CONVERGENCE FROM WITHIN
PATH
EXPLODING ZOMBIES
LUCIFERS HAMMER
BOUND & GAGGED
DEAD CENTRE
SADOMASOCHISM
MULCH
MASS MUTILATION

There are three ticket choices for this event:
2-Day tickets $49 (which is $47 face value + $2 facility/venue charge)
Friday Only $27 (which is $25 face value + $2 facility/venue charge)
Saturday Only $32 (which is $30 face value + $2 facility/venue charge)

For more information, visit the Xtreme Benefest web site at this location.

Tags:

Posted in: News

COMMENTS

To comment on a BLABBERMOUTH.NET story or review, you must be logged in to an active personal account on Facebook. Once you're logged in, you will be able to comment. User comments or postings do not reflect the viewpoint of BLABBERMOUTH.NET and BLABBERMOUTH.NET does not endorse, or guarantee the accuracy of, any user comment. To report spam or any abusive, obscene, defamatory, racist, homophobic or threatening comments, or anything that may violate any applicable laws, use the "Report to Facebook" and "Mark as spam" links that appear next to the comments themselves. To do so, click the downward arrow on the top-right corner of the Facebook comment (the arrow is invisible until you roll over it) and select the appropriate action. You can also send an e-mail to blabbermouthinbox(@)gmail.com with pertinent details. BLABBERMOUTH.NET reserves the right to "hide" comments that may be considered offensive, illegal or inappropriate and to "ban" users that violate the site's Terms Of Service. Hidden comments will still appear to the user and to the user's Facebook friends. If a new comment is published from a "banned" user or contains a blacklisted word, this comment will automatically have limited visibility (the "banned" user's comments will only be visible to the user and the user's Facebook friends).