MÖTLEY CRÜE singer Vince Neil has once again slammed CRÜE bandmate Nikki Sixx over the group's perennially delayed reunion plans, claiming that the band's return to the road has been put on hold indefinitely while Nikki is out recording and touring with his new project BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION.
Speaking to Pitriff.com earlier today (May 23), Neil said, "There's really nothing going on [with the proposed MÖTLEY CRÜE reunion tour]. I've been waiting around to go out on tour. We were supposed to tour last year, put out a record, video… Then they said, 'No, we're gonna go out do a reunion tour this year.' And [then] that doesn't happen, nobody… Nikki doesn't wanna tour... [Guitarist] Mick [Mars], who knows?! I'm tired of waiting around for these guys. It sucks!"
Asked if Nikki's controlling ways were at least partly to blame for the delay in getting the band back together, Vince said, "I didn't even know about his [new] band [BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION], that stuff that he was doing. [I just heard about it] by word of mouth. And I was like, 'Oh, fuck, no wonder we're not going out on tour.' And it sucks — it really does. He's doing a lot of stuff behind my back, and the bad part is I'm gonna have to get lawyers involved. And when attorneys get involved, then there definitely won't be another MÖTLEY CRÜE. It's like, I don't know… Nikki thinks he can just kind of snap his fingers and everybody's gonna get back in the band and go out and play, [and] it ain't gonna happen. He's… I don't know what he's really trying to do. He's basically screwed everything up."
You can listen to an audio clip of Neil making the above statements at this location.