Florida metallers TRIVIUM have released the second in a series of videos offering a closer look at the upcoming reissue of their debut album, "Ember To Inferno". Check it out below.
TRIVIUM has spent the past decade-plus building its reputation and steadily rising to prominence, becoming one of the main torchbearers of heavy metal in the modern era. With millions of albums sold globally and numerous world tours (from Ozzfest, Mayhem and Download to opening for METALLICA, BLACK SABBATH, and IRON MAIDEN to extensive headline treks), TRIVIUM began their journey in 2003 with their debut album, "Ember To Inferno". The record quickly captured the attention of the band's earliest fans as well as the ears of A&R reps at Roadrunner Records, who rapidly signed the band and went on to release their watershed album "Ascendancy" in 2005. "Ember To Inferno" was the catalyst for what was to come and it has been out of print for several years… until now.
The band and 5B Artist Management have partnered with Cooking Vinyl to re-release the album, along with a deluxe edition that includes 13 additional tracks that have never been previously available yet have earned evasive legend status among the diehards, on December 2. It's a true treasure trove of material that will delight the staunchest TRIVIUM fans and beyond.
"The purpose of this release is to show the very early beginnings of TRIVIUM — perhaps an era unbeknownst to most listeners of the band," said TRIVIUM vocalist and guitarist Matt Heafy. "To look back at 'Ember' as the starting point of TRIVIUM becoming recognized worldwide is a staggering thought for me, considering I was 16-17 years old during the writing and recording of the record.
"As a kid, I always said the 'goal' was to be in a massive metal band. I don't think I actually knew what it would mean to have fans in different parts of the world, and I still can't believe people care so much that they actually want to hear the music that pre-dates our Roadrunner years. To this day, I am still completely blown away that people are singing words to songs I wrote when I was 16 years old. It's an amazing feeling."
"Ember To Inferno" will be released in four configurations, with the deluxe editions containing the band's early demos "Ruber" (a.k.a. the Red Demo), "Caeruleus" (a.k.a. the Blue Demo) and "Flavus" (a.k.a. the Yellow Demo). Fans can pre-order all formats online here.
The formats available are:
* "Ember To Inferno" — Standard CD.
* "Ember To Inferno" — Standard Vinyl LP, which is the original album in a 2LP gatefold on orange/black marble vinyl.
* "Ember To Inferno: Ab Initio" — Deluxe CD, which is the original album with new artwork, plus 13 bonus tracks and expanded booklet in a digipak. The 13 bonus tracks are the band's early demos — "Ruber" (a.k.a. the Red Demo), "Caeruleus" (a.k.a. the Blue Demo) and "Flavus" (a.k.a. the Yellow Demo).
* "Ember to Inferno: Ab Initio" — Deluxe 5LP Box, which is five colored LPs in a special box including the original album in a 2LP gatefold on orange/black marble vinyl, the expanded booklet, a poster, a stencil, and 13 bonus tracks over three LPs. The 13 bonus tracks are the band's early demos — "Ruber" (a.k.a. the Red Demo) on transparent red vinyl, "Caeruleus" (a.k.a. the Blue Demo) on transparent blue vinyl, and "Flavus" (a.k.a. the Yellow Demo) on transparent yellow vinyl.
"Ember To Inferno" standard edition track listing:
01. Inception: The Bleeding Skies
02. Pillars Of Serpents
03. If I Could Collapse The Masses
04. Fugue (A Revelation)
06. Ember To Inferno
08. To Burn The Eye
09. Falling To Grey
10. My Hatred
11. When All Light Dies
12. A View Of Burning Empires
"Ember To Inferno: Ab Initio" deluxe-only bonus tracks
Ruber (on transparent red vinyl for box set)
03. Lake Of Fire
Caeruleus (on transparent blue vinyl for box set)
04. To Burn The Eye
07. My Hatred
08. The Storm
Flavus (on transparent yellow vinyl for box set)
11. Like Light To The Flies
12. Blinding Tears Will Break The Skies
13. The Deceived