THERION mainman Christofer Johnsson has posted the following message on the band's web site:
"It's not completely finished with all details yet, but as one of the promoters seems to have published the info already, we can reveal that in December we will celebrate 20 years of THERION by making a tour where we will:
* Perform the entire 'Theli' album
* Perform 'Adulruna Rediviva' and 'Wisdom of the Cage' from 'Gothic Kabbalah'
* Make a fan-chosen 'best-of' set 'Vovin' – 'Lemuria/Sirius B' for the rest of the evening
* Invite several special guests
* Make a stage show that will blow everyone away!
* 16 shows are planned.
"SIRENIA is confirmed to go with us (yes, we know what you guys want!). A second band you will also appreciate will be confirmed very soon. Reprinted 'Theli' merchandise is also gonna be available for the shows.
"There's more to it, but it's too early to reveal now. Stay tuned."
THERION recently announced the departure of vocalist Mats Levén (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, KRUX, TREAT, AT VANCE) prior to the band's appearance at this year's Wacken Open Air festival in early August. His replacement in the group will be Thomas Vikström, who is best known to metal fans as the voice behind CANDLEMASS' "Chapter VI" album (1992).
THERION's latest studio album, the dual-disc "Gothic Kaballah", was released in North America on February 6 via Nuclear Blast Records.