The original lineup of THE RODS, the classic '80s metal band led by Ronnie James Dio's cousin, guitarist David "Rock" Feinstein, has been confirmed for this year's South Texas Rock Fest, set to take place May 22-24, 2009 in downtown San Antonio, Texas at Hemisfair Park.
The festival billing is shaping up as follows:
DAYS OF THE NEW
SEVEN MARY THREE
Ticket prices are as follows:
* One-day advance ticket for Friday or Saturday = $38.50
* One-day advance ticket for Sunday = $25.00
* Three-day advance admission ticket = $75.00 (camping is free with three-day admission — includes one-car parking in campsite sticker)
* One-day ticket at the gate Friday/ Saturday= $40.00
* One-day ticket at the gate Sunday = $25.00
* Three-day ticket at the gate = $80.00
* Three-day bleacher VIP Pass = $200.00
* Three-day lawn VIP Pass = $150.00
For more information, visit www.myspace.com/southtexasrockfest.
Legendary heavy metal vocalist Ronnie James Dio (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN AND HELL) is featured on two songs on the forthcoming album by THE RODS. Singer Shmoulik Avigal (JACK STARR, PICTURE), who previously sang on THE RODS' "Heavier Than Thou" album, co-produced the CD in 2006. He said of his latest collaboration with THE RODS, "It was a hard and satisfying work. We had Ronnie James Dio as a guest singer on two songs. 'The Code' and 'Metal Will Never Die'. I had some good times working with the guys again."
THE RODS' new LP, titled "Vengeance", is tentatively expected later in the year.
The original lineup of THE RODS has been confirmed for the Headbangers Open Air festival, set to take place July 23-25, 2009 in in Brande-Hörnerkirchen, Germany.
THE RODS' lineup for South Texas Rock Fest and Headbangers Open Air and will include Feinstein on guitar/vocals, Gary Bardonaro on bass and Carl Canedy on drums.
Watch THE RODS's "Hurricane" video: