Keyboardist Carsten Altena played his final concert a member of the Dutch death band THE MONOLITH DEATHCULT on December 24, 2008 at De Gigant in Apeldoorn, Netherlands.
Video footage of his farewell announcement from the stage can be viewed below.
THE MONOLITH DEATHCULT recently announced plans to release a reworked version of their 2005 album "The White Crematorium", tentatively dubbed "The White Crematorium 2.0".
Commented the band: "In our insatiable desire to always receive the highest possible ratings we decided to take the 2005 recordings to an even higher level of perfection. The album will be remixed and remastered again by ProTools grandwizard Pascal Altena."
According to THE MONOLITH DEATHCULT, the new version of the album will feature the following new elements that weren't included on the original CD:
* Shiny new vocals without all the hideous grammar mistakes
* Colossal editing to restore all goofs
* Immense editing on all slips of abominable clerical errors, factual inaccuracies and lies
* More brown notes on 0.017 Khz
* Immensely interesting and totally fascinating introduction by Robin, the grand doctor of pedantry, spin and pompous circumlocution
* Inclusion of the totally sold-out and extremely kvlt "Obliteration Of The Despised" promo, infuriating those who have the original promo and feel rejected, left behind and not-so-special any more.
"The White Crematorium 2.0" track listing:
01. Army Of The Despised
02. 7 Months Of Suffering
03. Concrete Sarcophagus
04. 1567 - Under The Bloodcampaign
05. The Haunted Ravines Of Babi Yar
07. The Cruel Hunters
08. 1917 - Spring Offensive (Dulce Et Decorum est)
09. The White Crematorium
"Obliteration of the Despised" (2002):
10. Doomed To Slaughter
11. The Deserved Reputation Of Cruelty
12. Der Kriegmeister
13. Cathedral Of Corpses
THE MONOLITH DEATHCULT's new album, "Triumvirate", was released in February via Twilight-Vertrieb. The CD was recorded at Ground Zero studio with producer Pascal Altena. Mixing and mastering duties were handled by Guido Aalbers.