Sammy Hagar's first-ever rock collaborations album, "Sammy Hagar And Friends", sold around 15,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 23 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD arrived in stores on September 24 via Frontiers
Hagar enlisted three legendary musicians — Toby Keith, Mickey Hart and Taj Mahal — to round out the final three tracks on "Sammy Hagar And Friends". The effort was preceded by the CD's first single and video for the high-voltage track "Knockdown Dragout" featuring Kid Rock, Joe Satriani and Denny Carmassi.
In addition to the 10-track standard edition album, fans also have an opportunity to purchase a deluxe edition of "Sammy Hagar And Friends", packaged in a high-gloss digipak. The deluxe CD/DVD package includes an exclusive bonus audio track, "Space Station #5", recorded live at the Ronnie Montrose Tribute Concert held on April 29, 2012 in San Francisco, as well as the "making-of" album documentary which includes bonus video of the first single "Knockdown Dragout", and more.
"Sammy Hagar And Friends" track listing:
01. Winding Down (with Taj Mahal)
02. Not Going Down (with Bill Church & Denny Carmassi)
03. Personal Jesus (with Neal Schon, Michael Anthony & Chad Smith)
04. Father Sun (with Denny Carmassi & Aaron Hagar)
05. Knockdown Dragout (with Kid Rock, Joe Satriani, Denny Carmassi)
06. Ramblin' Gamblin' Man (with David Lauser, Mona Gnader & Vic Johnson)
07. Bad On Fords and Chevrolets (with Ronnie Dunn, David Lauser, Mona Gnader & Vic Johnson)
08. Margaritaville (with Toby Keith)
09. All We Need Is An Island (with Nancy Wilson & Mickey Hart)
10. Going Down (with Neal Schon, Michael Anthony & Chad Smith)
11. Space Station #5 (with Denny Carmassi, Bill Church, Joe Satriani) (Live from Ronnie Montrose Tribute * Exclusively available on Deluxe Edition CD)
From new originals like "Knockdown Dragout" with Kid Rock, "Bad On Fords And Chevrolets" with Ronnie Dunn, "All We Need Is An Island" with Nancy Wilson, "Going Down" with Neal Schon, Michael Anthony and Chad Smith, and "Father Sun", a duet with his son Aaron Hagar — to reimagined covers of classics like BOB SEGER's "Ramblin' Gamblin' Man" and DEPECHE MODE's "Personal Jesus" — Hagar has masterfully assembled an album that delves into rock, country, blues and pop. "Sammy Hagar And Friends" is Hagar's first solo album since 2008.