SACRIFICE frontman/guitarist Rob Urbinati has contributed a guitar solo to the song "Dies Irae/The Master Malice" for the forthcoming SIGH album, "Hangman's Hymn", due out in 2007 on The End Records.
The groundbreaking Japanese act recently finished recording their seventh studio album and are currently mixing it at Studio Moopies with engineer Takamichi Osada.
About Urbinati's involvement on the new album, SIGH frontman/leader Mirai Kawashima comments: "SACRIFICE is one of my all-time favorite thrash bands and I had the chance to see the band reunite in September at Day of the Equinox 2 in Toronto. They were awesome and still had the fire! I met Rob and told him how much of a fan I was and about the new SIGH album, how it was going to be fast and full of speed and hatred."
He adds, "We kept in contact after the show and I told him I would be honored if he would be able to provide a guitar solo for one of the tracks. And he did. The guitar solo is awesome! It's such a killer solo!"
The album also features various guest appearances by:
* Aurielle Gregory (GIANT SQUID) - Female vocals on the track "The Master Malice"
* Tim Conroy (ex-GIANT SQUID) - Trumpet used/manipulated on various tracks
* Gunface (THE RED CHORD) - Solo on the track "In Devil's Arms"
* Chuck Keller (ARES KINGDOM) - Guitar solo on the track "The Memories as a Sinner"
* Steven Sagala (ENFORSAKEN) - Vocals used/manipulated on various tracks
The final track listing for the album is:
02. Inked in Blood
04. Dies Irae/The Master Malice
05. The Memories as a Sinner
06. Death with Dishonor
07. In Devil's Arms
08. Overture/Rex Tremendae/I saw the World's End
09. Salvation in Flame/Confutatis
10. Finale: Hangman's Hymn/In Paradisum/Das Ende
Click here to preview a pre-production quality medley of material from the forthcoming album.