QUIET RIOT have officially split up, drummer Frankie Banali has confirmed.
In an e-mail to Metal Sludge, Banali wrote, "To be honest with you, I am [singer] Kevin [DuBrow]'s friend and will always be his friend. I don't want to get on the 'he said, you said" roller coaster that is always generated in these types of situations which are all so common with bands. It's pointless, it serves no one. The fact remains that the QUIET RIOT which included all original 'Metal Health'-era members Kevin DuBrow, Rudy Sarzo, Carlos Cavazo and myself has ceased to exist. This lineup was the most successful one during the early 80's and during the latter part of the 90's to date and we had a great and lengthy run."
QUIET RIOT's long-delayed DVD, titled "Quiet Riot Live In The 21st Century - 20 Years of Metal Health", is still believed to be on schedule for release on October 7.
As previously reported, the two-disc set (view cover here) is the first-ever live DVD recording of the band and will include an audio CD of the live performance.
Some of the features will include:
- Extended live performance including an acoustic set
- Special version of the "Thunderbird" with rare behind-the-scenes footage with late guitarist Randy Rhoads (OZZY OSBOURNE)
- Behind-the-scenes home movie clips of the band in and out of the studio
- A photo slide show documenting the band's history
- Live video single version of "Metal Health"
- Bonus live version of "Thunderbird"