Finnish death 'n' roll band PROFANE OMEN was joined by the winner of the Finnish national TV talent competition "Idols", 23-year-old heavy metal singer Ari Koivunen, during a recent gig in Mikkeli, Finland for a rendition of the W.A.S.P. classic "Wild Child". Watch video footage of the performance below.
PROFANE OMEN recently posted the title track of its upcoming EP, "Disconnected", on its MySpace page. Due this fall, the CD (cover artwork) was recorded at Villvox Studio under the watchful eyes of engineer Aleksanteri Kuosa and producer Ville Sorvali.
"Disconnected" EP track listing:
02. In Fear
03. Breed Suffocation, Breed Extinction
04. Learning to Die
5. Slave to the Grind (SKID ROW cover)
6. Wild Child (W.A.S.P. cover)
* Taneli "The Man" Jarva (THE BLACK LEAGUE)
* Sami Helle (DAUNTLESS)
* Sari Laine (SUSIE LEE AND THE DEEPEST LOVE BAND)
* DHC drunken choir featuring Tomppa Saarenketo from BUSES SPÖKET, Ari Nieminen and Sami Helle of DAUNTLESS and Niko Kalliojärvi of AMORAL
PROFANE OMEN is from Lahti, Finland and was founded in 1999.
Koivunen's debut album, "Fuel for the Fire", spent twelve weeks at the top of the Finnish chart. The CD has reportedly sold more than 60,000 copies in Finland so far.
"Fuel for the Fire" will be released in Japan by Sony BMG on October 24.
(Thanks: Siria / www.konzi-tip.de)