Backstage Auctions has announced The 2004 Classic Rock Auction, featuring the private collection of Eddie Kramer. The auction begins on July 18, 2004 and runs for two weeks.
Eddie Kramer is one of the most renowned and respected record producers in music, spanning a career of more than four decades, working with a stellar array of artists. Over the years, Kramer has engineered or produced albums for such artists as THE ROLLING STONES, SANTANA, NRBQ, JOHNNY WINTER, JOE COCKER, LED ZEPPELIN, DIONNE WARWICK, DAVID BOWIE, CARLY SIMON, LENA HORNE, TOMMY BOLIN, JOBRIATH and countless others. His work with JIMI HENDRIX, however, engineering and co-producing all of Jimi's albums and subsequent re-issues, compilations and live recordings, gained Eddie his reputation as one of the greatest producers in rock history. His production on several KISS and KISS solo albums, as well as "Frampton Comes Alive", to date the biggest selling live album, plus his recording of the original Woodstock festival, laid the groundwork for multi-million selling live albums of the '70s and beyond. The auction features personal items and recordings from Eddie's rich history as an engineer and producer.
Among the items being auctioned are:
* JIMI HENDRIX acetates of "Dolly Dagger", "Star Spangled Banner", "Live In The West" and many others from the '70s
* JIMI HENDRIX test pressings and sealed recordings of "Electric Ladyland", "Axis Bold As Love", "Are You Experienced" and others from re-issues by Experience Hendrix/MCA Records
* KISS's very first demo tapes from 1973 recorded at Electric Lady Studios, which are among an impressive collection of ¼" tapes, acetates and test pressings of numerous KISS recordings from the '70s
* Hand-drawn sketches of Eddie by Gene Simmons
* Handwritten track listings of "KISS Alive" by Gene Simmons (including a cartoon of Paul Stanley by Gene)
* Numerous ¼" tapes with rough mixes from CARLY SIMON's first album, PETER FRAMPTON ("Frampton Comes Alive"), THE ROLLING STONES ("Love Ya Live") and LED ZEPPELIN ("Houses of the Holy", "Song Remains The Same")
* Large collection of vintage promotional T-shirts and studio session documents
* Extensive items from the lengthy list of artists Kramer has worked with since the '60s
Backstage Auctions, the brainchild of longtime rock memorabilia collector, Jacques van Gool and his wife Kelli, is a new and innovative online auction house specializing in classic rock memorabilia that has never before been bought/sold/traded in the marketplace. Every item comes directly from the legitimate owner and is accompanied by a signed "certificate of authenticity."