Ozzy Osbourne is back to his "normal," "complaining" self, more than a month after the BLACK SABBATH singer was hospitalized because of flu complications.
Ozzy's son Jack and wife Sharon offered an update on the rocker's health during an interview late last week with the nationally syndicated daily entertainment news show "Access".
Asked how Ozzy is feeling, almost five weeks after he was admitted to the the intensive care ward of Keck Hospital of University of Southern California, Jack said (see video below): "Well, if this gauges where he's at, he's complaining a lot and he's back to his normal routine. So everything's A-okay there." Sharon chimed in: "That's always a good sign, when he complains and he's miserable. Then you know it's good." Jack added: "It's when he's happy and skipping around. You're, like, 'There's something really wrong here. Call the doctor.'"
Last month, Ozzy was forced to cancel shows in Australia, New Zealand and Japan on doctor's orders. He previously called off his 2019 winter tour of Europe after being admitted to hospital for an upper respiratory infection that later developed into pneumonia. The dates were scrapped on advice from the BLACK SABBATH star's doctor that he required six more weeks off the road to fully recuperate from his life-threatening illness.
Last October, the metal legend contracted a staph infection that required him to have surgery on his hand and resulted in him canceling several shows.
Ozzy does not have any other gigs booked until May 24, when he is scheduled to launch a North American run at the Rocklahoma festival in Pryor, Oklahoma.
In November 2017, Osbourne announced his global "farewell world tour," which he said would last two years.
"I'm looking at this final tour as being a huge celebration for my fans and anyone who has enjoyed my music over the past five decades," Osbourne said at the time.
Ozzy later clarified that he was not retiring from performing live but that he was "just not doing world tours anymore."