OPETH's "In Live Concert at the Royal Albert Hall" DVD sold 3,200 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 2 on Billboard's Top Music Videos chart.
"In Live Concert at the Royal Albert Hall" has registered the following Top Music Videos and Music DVD chart positions so far:
"In Live Concert at the Royal Albert Hall" was released on September 21 via Roadrunner Records.
Twenty years and nine records into their legendary career, OPETH's "progressively creative spirit" (ARTISTdirect) remains unwavering, propelling the band through the "Evolution XX: An Opeth Anthology" tour, which brought the Swedish titans to six of the world's most unique venues, and now, with the release of "In Live Concert At The Royal Albert Hall", into the homes of their fans.
The performance at the Royal Albert Hall includes two sets, the first consisting of the band performing 2000's now-classic, breakthrough epic "Blackwater Park" in its entirety, and the second, a chronologically arranged selection of material from the rest of OPETH's extensive catalogue, totaling almost three hours of music. It is, like the rest of OPETH's greatest work, "purposefully warped in all the right places" (Decibel). The front cover artwork concept pays tribute to DEEP PURPLE's "Concerto for Group and Orchestra", underlining the band's longstanding love for their prog-rock roots.
Thinking back to the concert, frontman Mikael Åkerfeldt says "OPETH had a magical night playing the Royal Albert Hall. It was a dream come true, and now afterwards, it still feels like a dream. We got it all on film, and this, our third live recording and DVD, might be my personal favorite.
"One couldn't help to think of all the fantastic artists that played there over the years. Looking back at this night of celebration brings me fond memories of our 20th anniversary — this package is the delayed birthday present."
The release is available as three very special configurations:
01. Limited-edition vinyl box set, which includes:
* Double-DVD set of OPETH's performance at the legendary Royal Albert Hall in its entirety. Bonus features include an exclusive interview and the behind-the-scenes documentary, "On Tour with Opeth". DVDs are in 5.1 Dolby surround sound, produced and mixed by Jens Bogren.
* A set of four 180-gram LPs of the concert's live audio in its entirety. The vinyl is pressed overseas to the highest of standards and housed in white poly lined inner sleeves which are packaged as two double gatefold set with exclusive artwork. Vinyl only available in this box set.
* Exclusive, numbered lithograph with artwork designed by Mikael Åkerfeldt and longtime OPETH designer Travis Smith.
* 20-page, LP sized booklet printed on coated paper stock that chronicles the night's events in photos.
* MP3 download of live audio in its entirety sent via e-mail on release day.
* Expanded, exclusive artwork and more.
* Content of this set is housed in a custom foil stamped slipcase.
02. Five-disc set that consists of two DVDs and three CDs. The set not only includes the legendary evening captured on video, but the concert's live audio in its entirety as well.
03. Double-DVD set of OPETH's performance at the legendary Royal Albert Hall, in its entirety, including bonus features.
Track listing is as follows:
* The Leper Affinity
* The Drapery Falls
* Dirge For November
* The Funeral Portrait
* Patterns In The Ivy
* Blackwater Park
* Forest Of October
* April Ethereal
* The Moor
* Hope Leaves
* Harlequin Forest
* The Lotus Eater