Capital Chaos conducted an interview with NIGHTWISH mainman/keyboardist Tuomas Holopainen on May 22, 2008 at The Boardwalk in Orangevale, California. Watch the six-minute chat below.
In celebration of NIGHTWISH returning for its final U.S. tour in support of the band's latest album, "Dark Passion Play", Live Nation is offering the following special: for the Wiltern show in Los Angeles on September 13, starting on Thursday, August 28 and ending on Sunday, August 31, all tickets for the show will be $10. This special is limited to 500 tickets only. Tickets will be available through Ticketmaster and EnterTheVault.com.
NIGHTWISH will release a digital-only collection of demos and B-sides titled "The Sound of Nightwish Reborn", available through all digital service providers, on September 2. This release, which clocks in at nearly 70 minutes of music, retains "must-have" status for all NIGHTWISH diehards, since it includes a bevy of exclusive material, such as demo versions of songs from the "Dark Passion Play" sessions that were recorded prior to singer Anette Olzon joining the band and that feature Marco Tapani Hietala handling the vocals, as well as B-sides.
The track listing for "The Sound of Nightwish Reborn" is as follows.
* "Eva" (demo version) - Demo session, pre-album +
* "Reach" ("Amaranth" demo) - Demo session, pre-album +
* "While Your Lips Are Still Red" - B-side, pre-album
* "Escapist" - B-side, Album session
* "The Poet and The Pendulum" - Demo version, pre-album +
* "Bye Bye Beautiful (DJ Orkidea remix)" - Album session
* "Meadows of Heaven" - Orchestral version, album session
* "Amaranth" - Orchestral version, album session
* "The Escapist" - Instrumental Version, album session
+ Pre-Olzon demo versions.