Finland's NIGHTWISH will once again tour U.S. soil, hitting all major markets and cities along the way. The band will bring its massively popular yet refreshingly unique blend of progressive Euro metal, fueled by the siren-like vocals of Anette Olzon, to North American shores for the third and final trek in support of last year's "Dark Passion Play", which has sold nearly 75,000 copies in the U.S. since its September 2007 release.
Coinciding with the tour, the band will also release a digital-only collection of demos and B-sides titled "The Sound of Nightwish Reborn", available through all digital service providers, on September 2. This release, which clocks in at nearly 70 minutes of music, retains "must-have" status for all NIGHTWISH diehards, since it includes a bevy of exclusive material, such as demo versions of songs from the "Dark Passion Play" sessions that were recorded prior to Olzon joining the band and that feature Marco Tapani Hietala handling the vocals, as well as B-sides.
The track listing for "The Sound of Nightwish Reborn" is as follows.
* "Eva" (demo version) - Demo session, pre-album +
* "Reach" ("Amaranth" demo) - Demo session, pre-album +
* "While Your Lips Are Still Red" - B-side, pre-album
* "Escapist" - B-side, Album session
* "The Poet and The Pendulum" - Demo version, pre-album +
* "Bye Bye Beautiful (DJ Orkidea remix)" - Album session
* "Meadows of Heaven" - Orchestral version, album session
* "Amaranth" - Orchestral version, album session
* "The Escapist" - Instrumental Version, album session
+ Pre-Olzon demo versions.
"Reach" ("Amaranth" demo):