Brann Dailor (MASTODON), Mike Mangini (STEVE VAI, ANNIHILATOR, EXTREME) and Ronald Bruner Jr. (SUICIDAL TENDENCIES) are among the drummers who will perform at the Modern Drummer Festival Weekend 2006, set to take place September 16-17 at Prudential Hall at NJPAC (New Jersey Performing Arts Center) in Newark, New Jersey. Shows begin at 1:00 p.m. each day.
Here are the current schedules for the weekend:
Saturday, September 16, 2006:
* Ronald Bruner Jr. (SUICIDAL TENDENCIES, KENNY GARRETT)
* Jason McGerr (DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE)
* R&B/Gospel Summit featuring Teddy Campbell ("American Idol"), Gerald Heyward (BEYONCE), Aaron Spears (USHER) and Marvin McQuitty (FRED HAMMOND)
* Glenn Kotche (WILCO)
* Thomas Lang & Luis Conte (JAMES TAYLOR)
* Stewart Copeland (THE POLICE) & Gizmo
Sunday, September 17, 2006:
* Dave DiCenso (TWO TON SHOE)
* Bobby Sanabria & Ascencion
* Brann Dailor (MASTODON)
* Mike Mangini (STEVE VAI)
* Danny Seraphine and CTA (CALIFORNIA TRANSIT AUTHORITY)
* Steve Smith's Jazz Legacy
Modern Drummer is read by more than 250,000 drummers worldwide every month. 2006 marks the magazine's 30th anniversary.
Tickets are $62.50 for a second-tier seat for one day ($110 for both days), $70 for a standard orchestra seat ($125 for both days) and $77.50 for a premium orchestra seat ($140 for both days). Tickets are available by calling NJPAC toll-free within the United States at 888-466-5722; patrons from outside the United States purchasing tickets need to call 973-642-0404. The venue's phone center is open Monday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Purchases may also be made online anytime at www.njpac.org.
For more information about Modern Drummer Festival Weekend 2006, visit www.moderndrummer.com.