KITTIE and ECLIPSE ETERNAL are among the artists who will contribute songs to an upcoming tribute album to David Gold — a founding member of the Ontario, Canada-based black and doom metal band WOODS OF YPRES, who was killed in December in a car accident near Barrie, Ontario.
Participating acts so far:
* KITTIE – "Everything I Touch Turns To Gold (Then Coal)"
* THE GOV' AND FRIENDS – "Intro: The Looming Of Dust In The Dark"
* ROB CRANNY – "Suicide Cargoload"
* DETS – "A Meeting Time And Place" +
* AMARANTH – "Allure Of The Earth"
* ARAWN – "Our Ontario Town Is A Burial Ground"
* ERIK VILARDO AND STEFFAN ST-HILARIUS – "You Were The Light"
* PAGAN RITUAL – "Shams Of Optimism" +
* ECLIPSE ETERNAL – "Crossing The 45th Parallel" +
* BEGOTTEN – "The Sea Of Immeasurable Loss"
* EMPYREAN PLAGUE – "Shedding The Deadwood"
* ROK KODBA – "The Sun Was In My Eyes Pt 2"
* Song selection not yet confirmed
For more information, visit the project's official Facebook page.
A memorial concert for David Gold will be held on Thursday, April 5 at The Annex WreckRoom in Toronto, Ontario., The event, which will also double as the release party for WOODS OF YPRES' new album, "Woods V: Grey Skies & Electric Light", will feature a headline performance by Chicago's NOVEMBERS DOOM, as well as tribute performances by ECLIPSE ETERNAL, EMPYREAN PLAGUE, GYPSY CHIEF GOLIATH, HALLOWS DIE, KITTIE, PAGAN RITUAL, PANZERFAUST and more. Admission is solely by donation, and proceeds will be given to the Gold family to help cover the expenses of David's final arrangements, and to support the annual David Gold Music Scholarship made available to Sault College students.
For more information, go to this location.
"Woods 5: Grey Skies & Electric Light" was recorded with producer Siegfried Meier (KITTIE) at Beach Road Studios in Ontario, Canada, and was mixed by John Fryer (NINE INCH NAILS, PARADISE LOST).
Formed in 2002, WOODS OF YPRES has earned critical acclaim for its ever-evolving, envelope-pushing mix of blackened doom metal. Most often compared to bands such as AGALLOCH and TYPE O NEGATIVE, WOODS OF YPRES toes a thin line between the catchy, the artistic and the extreme to create an unmistakable signature sound.