Quality fan-filmed video footage of HELMET's September 26, 2010 performance at Brixton in Redondo Beach, California can be viewed at this location. A couple of the clips are available below.
HELMET released a new full-length album, "Seeing Eye Dog", on September 7. The band's first LP since 2006's critically acclaimed "Monochrome" and its seventh album overall was made available on the indie Work Song label (with physical distribution by Redeye and direct-to-fan digital delivery by Topspin). The CD was produced by band leader, vocalist/guitarist/songwriter Page Hamilton, with additional production by Toshi Kasai and vocal production by Mark Renk.
"Seeing Eye Dog" track listing:
01. So Long
02. Seeing Eye Dog
03. Welcome To Algiers
04. LA Water
05. In Person
07. White City
08. And Your Bird Can Sing
10. She's Lost
"Seeing Eye Dog" was issued in five formats (see below), each of which includes a bonus live album recorded in 2006 in San Francisco.
* Digital only (new album plus one live album)
* Two-disc CD (new album plus one live album) + digital
* Limited-edition double 180g vinyl (new album plus one live album) + digital
* Limited-edition deluxe: New album and one live album on two-disc CD, new album and one live album on double 180g vinyl, custom HELMET USB key with four more live albums, signed package + digital of new album + one live album
* Super deluxe: Same as deluxe but includes gold laminate/tour access component
On songs that consistently cut deep, Hamilton's guitar is on fire as always and his vocals are as wicked as ever. The album’s 10 tracks include the title cut, "Welcome To Algiers", "White City", the mostly instrumental "Morphing" and a cover of THE BEATLES' "And Your Bird Can Sing".
Hamilton is joined by drummer Kyle Stevenson, guitarist Dan Beeman and bassist Chris Traynor; HELMET's live bassist is Dave Case.