According to Top40-Charts.com, Time Life has set a July 25 release date for "Heavy Metal: The First 20 Years", a tribute to the bands that rocked, filled with songs that manage to be both nostalgic yet as relevant as ever. Vintage metal videos still run on VH1 Classic around the clock and fans still wear their beloved tour t-shirts, but this time around, their adolescent kids are wearing them too.
Filled with songs from the first two decades of earsplitting rock (1964-1984), "Heavy Metal" boasts stadium anthems by ALICE COOPER, KISS and the SCORPIONS and the over-the-top orchestrations by acts like IRON BUTTERFLY and QUEENSRŸCHE. QUIET RIOT's pop-crossover hit, "Cum on Feel The Noize" is tempered by DIO's sonic masterpiece "Holy Diver" and MOTÖRHEAD's speed metal "Ace of Spades", showcasing the full spectrum of the heavy metal genre. Defined by its loud instrumentation, relatively simple song structure and raucous lyrics, heavy metal first roared on both sides of the Atlantic in the 1960s and continues to be one of the most enduring and popular forms of rock.
"Heavy Metal: The First 20 Years" (view cover here) track listing;
01. THE KINKS - You Really Got Me
02. IRON BUTTERFLY - In A Gadda Da Vida
03. ALICE COOPER - 18
04. URIAH HEEP - Easy Livin'
05. KISS - Detroit Rock City
06. TED NUGENT - Free For All
07. BLUE ÖYSTER CULT - Godzilla
08. RAINBOW - Kill The King
09. MOTÖRHEAD - Ace Of Spades
10. JUDAS PRIEST - Breaking The Law
11. ALDO NOVA - Hot Love
12. HELIX - Heavy Metal Love
13. QUIET RIOT - Cum On Feel The Noize
14. DIO - Holy Diver
15. QUEENSRŸCHE - Queen Of The Reich
16. KROKUS - Screaming In The Night
17. ACCEPT - Balls To The Wall
18. SCORPIONS - Rock You Like A Hurricane