Finnish goth-metallers H.I.M. have uploaded the eighth installment of their weekly podcast to document the progress of their forthcoming as-yet-untitled new album, due out later this year on Sire. Among the topics covered in the latest update are the following:
* Phone call with Mige in Finland
* Hearing the new tracks, remixing with Tim Palmer
* Working track names for new album
* Touring with the new album
* Fan questions from Heartagram.com:
- "Have you ever been influenced by THE CURE/cover song?" from Mark G
- "Do you think that having Bam Margera use the heartagram/H.I.M. logo on his merchandise has had a positive outcome?" from Vinny in AZ
- "Have you ever gotten tired of being in the music business and thought about quitting the band? And, if you had quit the band, what would you be doing today?" from Angela in Miami, Fl
- "Is there ever a time where you write a song you really like but it doesn't end up making it on the album for whatever reason?" from BeautifulSin666'
Check it out at this location.
As previously reported, H.I.M. recently entered Los Angeles' Paramour studios to work on the follow-up to 2003's "Love Metal". According to singer Ville Valo, the upcoming CD, which is being produced by Tim Palmer (who worked on the band's last album), will feature "really fast songs but with a melodic punky MISFITS feel to them."
H.I.M.'s forthcoming album will be preceded by a single release in August. Ville Valo and his cohorts have also lined up a handful of European and Japanese festival appearances during the summer.
(Thanks: Muthagoose / Ponyone.net)