Frankie Banali says that it took QUIET RIOT "less than 24 hours" to find a replacement for singer James Durbin.
Last month, QUIET RIOT parted ways with Durbin and replaced him with Jizzy Pearl. Pearl previously fronted QUIET RIOT from 2013 until October 2016, when he was briefly replaced by Seann Nichols, who played only five shows with the group before the March 2017 arrival of "American Idol" finalist Durbin.
Durbin reportedly left QUIET RIOT "to concentrate his time and efforts on his solo career."
He recorded two studio albums with QUIET RIOT — 2017's "Road Rage" and the upcoming "Hollywood Cowboys" — during his three-year stint with the group.
Asked by LA Weekly if it's odd for QUIET RIOT to play shows in support of a new album when the band has just undergone a vocalist change, Banali said: "Actually, not at all. I reached out to Jizzy Pearl before looking at any other potential singers because I always thought that Jizzy was a really good fit for QUIET RIOT and is a total pro. He welcomed the opportunity to return to QUIET RIOT which made me very happy and we replaced our former singer in less than 24 hours."
Banali resurrected QUIET RIOT in 2010, three years after the death of founding member and singer Kevin DuBrow.
QUIET RIOT went through two vocalists — Mark Huff and Scott Vokoun — before Pearl's first three-year run with the band.
"Hollywood Cowboys" will be released on November 8 via Frontiers Music Srl.