Former AFTER FOREVER vocalist Floor Jansen's new project called REVAMP is currently seeking a drummer, bassist, guitarist and keyboard player.
If you are interested in auditioning for the group, you must:
* Be a skilled player on your instrument in the metal style (as well fast and brutal as groovy and melodic)
* A man (sorry, girls)
* Experienced on stage with a band and able to do a convincing performance
* Have your own equipment and knowhow of your instrument
* Have your own transportation
* Available for tours
* Understand the music industry and the position of an upcoming band
* Dutch or live near the border of The Netherlands in either Belgium or Germany
* Available for rehearsals in December until April and for shows starting in May
If you fit the profile and are interested in taking part in an audition, send an e-mail to [email protected] with:
* A short CV (who you are, where you’re from, age, musical history, personal story/motivation)
* A recording of yourself playing your instrument (both audio and video is ok, I prefer video though)
* Links to web sites, YouTube, pictures
Auditions are planned for the last week of November. You will be contacted regarding dates and location.
After the breakup of AFTER FOREVER, Jansen decided she wanted to start over and present a new band to the public as soon as possible. To accomplish this, she joined forces with two additional songwriters to first compose, then record an album. A live band is soon to be formed after the CD's completion, which will get her back on stage where she belongs.
The first composer to join this new collaboration was found when Waldemar Sorychta (GRIP INC., ENEMY OF THE SUN) contacted her to inquire about her current activities and potential future cooperation. Being a fan of GRIP INC., Floor was honored by the possibility of working with Waldemar. Sorychta's unique style, combined with his experience as songwriter/producer, made Jansen's dream come closer to reality.
The second composer was found in AFTER FOREVER colleague Joost van den Broek. Asking Joost to join seemed logical because of his great keyboards and arrangements, and therefore his potentially valuable contribution. Despite his busy schedule, he wanted to join and get started immediately. With him on board, the songwriting team was complete!
The REVAMP sound will become a unique blend of the personal style listeners will recognize from these musicians.
Songs are currently being written and audio samples will soon be posted on the band's web site.
REVAMP's debut album is tentatively due in May 2010.
Jansen performed with the RED LIMO STRING QUARTET on the Dutch TV program "Podium" on August 30. Video footage of her appearance can be viewed below.