On the heels of its third anniversary, Liquor and Poker Music — the "rock" arm of the Century Family — commemorates the occasion with a celebration of its two favorite subjects: women and rock 'n' roll.
Specifically, the label has assembled its first compilation, a collection of female tribute bands paying homage to some of classic rock and metal's biggest names. In stores August 22, the 13-track "Girls Got Rhythm" — featuring cover art by Alan Forbes (AFI, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, BLACK CROWES), the artist who designed the Liquor and Poker logo — features such well-known groups as THE IRON MAIDENS, CHEAP CHICK and MISTRESS OF REALITY, as well as three acts celebrating AC/DC.
The complete track listing is as follows:
01. THUNDHERSTRUCK - Thunderstruck (AC/DC)
02. THE IRON MAIDENS - Run To The Hills (IRON MAIDEN)
03. MISTRESS OF REALITY - Fairies Wear Boots (BLACK SABBATH)
04. CHEAP CHICK - Surrender (CHEAP TRICK)
05. BLACK DIAMOND - Love Gun (KISS)
06. MS. FITS - Last Caress (THE MISFITS)
07. HELL'S BELLES - Back In Black (AC/DC)
08. THE LITTLE DOLLS - I Don't Know (OZZY OSBOURNE)
09. ZEPPARELLA - The Lemon Song (LED ZEPPELIN)
10. KISSEXY - Lick It Up (KISS)
11. WHOLE LOTTA ROSIES - Dog Eat Dog (AC/DC)
12. RAMONAS - Sheena Is A Punk Rocker (THE RAMONES)
13. FOXEY LADY - Foxey Lady (JIMI HENDRIX)
Plans for a series of record release parties are currently underway, and a "Girls Got Rhythm" tour is also in the works.