Former MEGADETH guitarist Jeff Young has collaborated with ex-FEMME FATALE vocalist Lorraine Lewis and ex-VIXEN drummer Roxy Petrucci on "a little BAD COMPANY-esque/countryfied rocker" entitled "Desperate". The track is currently available for streaming at Jeff's MySpace page.
Jeff Young wil release his debut solo album, "Equilibrium", this summer. The CD was mixed by Michael Wagener (OZZY OSBOURNE, JANET JACKSON, METALLICA, QUEEN, KING'S X, SKID ROW, EXTREME) and features performances by Los Angeles vocal phenom Debby Holiday (JOHN WAITE, ROD STEWART), Brazilian singer/guitarists Badi Assad and Lenine, Australian singer Gilli Moon, vocalist Gregg Analla (SLAVIOR), drummer Matt Chamberlain (TORI AMOS, FIONA APPLE, DAVID BOWIE, CHRISTINA AGUILERA), fretless bassist Tony Franklin (JIMMY PAGE, THE FIRM, BLUE MURDER), Brazilian percussionists Marcos Suzano (STING, LENINE) and Simone Soul (CHICO CESAR), and other friends and musical guests.
The track listing is as follows (composers listed in parenthesis):
01. "Taranta por Drea" (interpreted from a study by Paco Serrano)
02. "Torrents" (Jeff Young, Badi Assad)
03. "City of the Sun" (Jeff Young, Badi Assad, Simone Soul)
04. "Fuoco ~ Libra Sonatine" (Roland Dyens)
05. "Eternal" (Sergio Assad, Jeff Young, Gregg Analla)
06. "Calling Jupiter" (Jeff Young, Badi Assad)
07. "Liquid Voices" (Jeff Young, Badi Assad, Carole Ohl)
08. "infin8" (Jeff Young, Badi Assad, Gregg Analla)
09. "Solais" (Badi Assad)
10. "Equilibrium" (Jeff Young)
11. "Angelina" (Jeff Young, Badi Assad)
12. "Entrelace" (Badi Assad, Jeff Young)
13. "Aquarelle: Valseana" (Sergio Assad)
14. "Spirit Dog" (Badi Assad, Sergio Assad, Jeff Young, Daved Levitan)
Three tracks are currently available for streaming at this location.
Jeff's entire career with MEGADETH was spent recording and touring in support of the band's 1988 platinum-selling album "So Far, So Good...So What!" Following his stint with MEGADETH, Jeff began contributing the "Fingerprints" column for Guitar magazine. For a portion of the 1990s, Jeff stepped away from his career to deal with the untimely deaths of first his father and later his mother while immersing himself in the further study of classical, flamenco, gypsy jazz and other world music varieties. In 1998, he resurfaced with new Brazilian musical partner, Badi Assad. Together, the duo crafted exotic soundscapes for their first collaboration, BADI ASSAD's "Chameleon". The album, co-written, arranged, and produced by Jeff, introduced their acoustic-world-fusion sounds to diverse audiences worldwide. Opening concerts for renowned artists, including Joe Cocker and Cassandra Wilson, as well as performances on 1999's Lilith Fair and Farm Aid 2000, are testament to the considerable cross-over appeal of Badi and Jeff's "new world music" explorations. In 2003, the track "Waves" from "Chameleon" was featured in the Michael and Kirk Douglas film "It Runs in the Family", as well as on the movie's soundtrack.