William Grim, the conservative writer who was responsible for the now-infamous anti-heavy metal article on the The Iconoclast web site, has posted the following entry (dated Dec. 18, 2004) to his Flyover Country Chronicles blog:
"We live in such culturally benighted times that there are even some political conservatives who will defend the existence of heavy metal — a quasi-musical performance art that is overwhelmingly homoerotic in origin, indicative of immaturity and alienation, emotionally and psychologically stunted, and overwhelmingly anti-family, anti-society, anti-religion, and anti-intellectual in orientation. Ironically, the sale of heavy metal CDs is also the chief way by which funds are raised for both American and European neo-Nazi political organizations. Of course, the barbaric, tribal aspect of heavy metal bespeaks a socialist, rather than conservative, Weltanschauung.
"Here are some more interesting articles about the true nature of this culture of hatred and death."
* "Youth and Violent Music" (click here for article)
* "Music and Children" (click here for article)
* "Sounds Of Violence: Extreme-right rock 'n' roll bands are infiltrating the 'black metal' music scene in a bid to recruit youth to white supremacist causes" By Eric K. Ward, John Lunsford and Justin Massa (click here for article)
* "The Social Impact Of Music Violence: Testimony Of The American Academy Of Pediatrics On The Social Impact Of Music Violence Before The Senate Subcommittee On Oversight Of Government Management, Restructuring, And The District Of Columbia" (click here for article)
* "Exposure to Violent Media: The Effects of Songs with Violent Lyrics on Aggressive Thoughts and Feelings" (click here for article)