Finnish metallers BURNING POINT have finished recording their fourth album, "Empyre", for a late 2008 release via Metal Heaven. A total of 17 songs were recorded for the effort — 11 brand new originals, new versions of "Black Star" and "Lake of Fire" from the band's debut, "Salvation by Fire", and four cover songs featuring "great guests":
* Vocalist Jonathan K (ex-Q5, NIGHTSHADE) can be heard on the Q5 cover "Let Go" from the album "When the Mirror Cracks".
* Guitarist Majk Moti (ex-RUNNING WILD) guests on the RUNNING WILD cover "Gods of Iron" from the "Branded & Exiled" album.
* Vocalist David "Rock" Feinstein (THE RODS, FEINSTEIN) makes an appearance on THE RODS cover "Nuclear Skies" from the "Let them Eat Metal" album.
* Finnish singer Taage Laiho (KILPI, ex-ALTARIA) and Riku Kukkonen (ex-KIRKA) can be heard on "I'll Be Yours", a cover of a song by the very famous Finnish artist KIRKA (from his album "R.O.C.K.").
The "Empyre" artwork will be handled by Felipe Machado Franco who has previously worked with such artists as ICED EARTH, AXEL RUDI PELL and BLAZE BAYLEY.
"Empyre" track listing (not final):
02. Manic Merry-Go-Round
03. Face The Truth
04. Was It Me
05. Fool's Parade
06. Blinded By The Darkness
07. Walls Of Stone
08. Remains Of My Broken Dreams
10. Cruel World
11. Only The Wrong Will Survive
12. Lake Of Fire 2008
13. Black Star 2008
14. Let Go (Q5)
15. Nuclear Skies (THE RODS)
16. I'll Be Yours (KIRKA)
17. Gods Of Iron (RUNNING WILD)
BURNING POINT is also planning to release its first DVD in 2009.
BURNING POINT's third album, "Burned Down the Enemy", was released last year via Metal Heaven Records. The mixing sessions for "Burned Down the Enemy" took place at the Tonebox studio in Oulu. Kari "Kakke" Vähäkuopus, who handled the mixing process for the previous albums, "Salvation by Fire" and "Feeding the Flames", once again helmed the sessions. The CD was mastered at Finnvox studios in Helsinki.
Video footage of BURNING POINT's June 8, 2008 concert at Club Teatria in Oulu, Finland (where they supported SEBASTIAN BACH) can be viewed below.