The Billboard Information Group will mark the 30th Anniversary of KISS, one of America's most successful and enduring rock 'n' roll bands, with the publication of a 26-page special report in the August 9 issue of Billboard. The issue will be available on newsstands on August 1 and content will be posted on www.billboard.com/KISS.
"KISS: Setting The Gold Standard" is an in-depth look at the band that has recorded more gold albums — 24 at last count — than any other American band. The report includes:
* A comprehensive overview of KISS' career with commentary from band members and peers such as AEROSMITH's Joe Perry.
* An extensive Q&A interview with KISS guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley and bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons.
* An exclusive Billboard chart analysis of the band's top albums.
* A look at the development of KISS as a brand name for products ranging from condoms to caskets.
* A KISS discography, a worldwide sales survey and tribute comments from fellow rockers Sammy Hagar, Vernon Reid of LIVING COLOUR, Phil Anselmo of PANTERA and SUPERJOINT RITUAL, and others.
The Billboard special report is published on the eve of KISS' summer co-headlining tour with AEROSMITH that opens August 2 in Hartford, Conn. It follows the July 22 release of "Kiss Symphony Alive IV" on Sanctuary Records.
"As long as there are mountains to climb and we decide to climb them," singer Paul Stanley tells Billboard, "there's no reason that this can't continue."