Zoom and Samson Technologies tapped ANTHRAX bassist Frank Bello to conduct interviews with various musicians and other "celebrities" on the "black carpet" at the third annual Revolver Golden Gods Awards, which was held on April 20 at Club Nokia in downtown Los Angeles, California. The resulting footage can now be viewed below.
Highlights from the Revolver Golden Gods Awards will be broadcast on VH1 Classic on Saturday, May 28. Revolver will release a special Golden Gods issue of the magazine on May 24. The Golden Gods issue will include exclusive behind-the-scenes photos and interviews.
The full list of winners and presenters for the third annual Revolver Golden Gods Awards is as follows:
* Golden God Award: Alice Cooper (presented by Rob Zombie)
* Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award: MTLEY CRE (presented by Corey Taylor of SLIPKNOT/STONE SOUR)
* Honorary Headbanger Award: William Shatner (presented by Scott Ian of ANTHRAX and THE DAMNED THINGS and comedian Brian Posehn)
* Best Guitarists Award: Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengeance of AVENGED SEVENFOLD (presented by Robb Flynn of MACHINE HEAD and Wayne Static of STATIC X)
* Best Drummer Award: Mike Portnoy for his work with AVENGED SEVENFOLD (presented by Vinnie Paul of PANTERA/HELLYEAH)
* Best New Band Award: BLACK VEIL BRIDES (presented by Duff McKagan of LOADED/VELVET REVOLVER/GUNS N' ROSES)
* Most Metal Athlete Award: Skateboarder Mike Vallely (presented by Chino Moreno of Deftones)
* Best Vocalist Award: M. Shadows of AVENGED SEVENFOLD (presented by Taylor Momsen of THE PRETTY RECKLESS and Sebastian Bach)
* Best Live Band Award: RAMMSTEIN (presented by Charlie Benante of ANTHRAX and Mike Portnoy)
* Comeback of the Year Award: MURDERDOLLS (presented by David Coverdale of WHITESNAKE)
* Album of the Year Award: AVENGED SEVENFOLD's "Nightmare" (presented by Jerry Cantrell and Mike Inez of ALICE IN CHAINS)
The show featured host Chris Jericho (WWE, FOZZY, "Dancing With The Stars") along with presenters, performers, nominees and attendees, including:
* Alice Cooper
* MTLEY CRE
* Rob Zombie
* Actor William Shatner
* Geezer Butler (BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL)
* Duff McKagan (GUNS N' ROSES, VELVET REVOLVER, LOADED)
* Corey Taylor (SLIPKNOT, STONE SOUR)
* Steve Jones (SEX PISTOLS)
* Dave Navarro (JANE'S ADDICTION)
* Chino Moreno (DEFTONES)
* Vinnie Paul Abbott (PANTERA/HELLYEAH)
* Scott Ian (ANTHRAX, THE DAMNED THINGS)
* Actress Juliette Lewis
* David Coverdale (WHITESNAKE, DEEP PURPLE)
* Steven Adler (GUNS N' ROSES)
* Max Cavalera (SEPULTURA, SOULFLY, CAVALERA CONSPIRACY)
* Jamey Jasta (HATEBREED, KINGDOM OF SORROW)
* Taylor Momsen (THE PRETTY RECKLESS)
* Mike Portnoy (DREAM THEATER, AVENGED SEVENFOLD)
* Gilby Clarke (GUNS N' ROSES)
And members of:
* ALICE IN CHAINS
* FEAR FACTORY
* MACHINE HEAD
* WE ARE THE FALLEN
* SUICIDE SILENCE
* WINDS OF PLAGUE
Also appearing were comedian Brian Posehn, skateboarders Mike Vallely and Chris Cole, MMA fighters Dan Hardy and Josh Barnett, Wendy Dio (wife of Ronnie James Dio) and many more.
Live performances for the Revolver Golden Gods awards included musical sets from ALICE COOPER (fresh off their induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame and their first L.A. appearance in 40 years), LOADED (featuring Duff McKagan of GUNS N' ROSES and VELVET REVOLVER), Elvis Presley/Johnny Cash-inspired metal group VOLBEAT, host Chris Jericho's band FOZZY, fast-rising metalcore newcomers ASKING ALEXANDRIA, and hometown heroes AVENGED SEVENFOLD closed out the night.
Special collaborations that took place at the 2011 show included AVENGED SEVENFOLD performing PANTERA's "Mouth For War" with Vinnie Paul Abbott and GUNS N' ROSES' "It's So Easy" with Duff McKagan; Steve Jones and Corey Taylor performing JUDAS PRIEST's "Electric Eye" with LOADED; Sebastian Bach performing SKID ROW's "Youth Gone Wild" with ASKING ALEXANDRIA; Scott Ian of ANTHRAX performing DUSTY SPRINGFIELD's "I Only Want To Be With You" with VOLBEAT; Max Cavalera, Jamey Jasta, and Mike Vallely joining DEVILDRIVER for a salute to BLACK FLAG.
The official show poster created by renowned horror artists "Ghoulish" Gary Pullin and Justin Erickson can be viewed below. The limited-edition poster is 18"x24" and only for sale online at this location.
To comment on a BLABBERMOUTH.NET story or review, you must be logged in to an active personal account on Facebook. Once you're logged in, you will be able to comment. User comments or postings do not reflect the viewpoint of BLABBERMOUTH.NET and BLABBERMOUTH.NET does not endorse, or guarantee the accuracy of, any user comment. To report spam or any abusive, obscene, defamatory, racist, homophobic or threatening comments, or anything that may violate any applicable laws, use the "Report to Facebook" and "Mark as spam" links that appear next to the comments themselves. To do so, click the downward arrow on the top-right corner of the Facebook comment (the arrow is invisible until you roll over it) and select the appropriate action. You can also send an e-mail to blabbermouthinbox(@)gmail.com with pertinent details. BLABBERMOUTH.NET reserves the right to "hide" comments that may be considered offensive, illegal or inappropriate and to "ban" users that violate the site's Terms Of Service. Hidden comments will still appear to the user and to the user's Facebook friends. If a new comment is published from a "banned" user or contains a blacklisted word, this comment will automatically have limited visibility (the "banned" user's comments will only be visible to the user and the user's Facebook friends).