Ted Nugent's family had to move to one of his northern Michigan cabins after their home became contaminated with mold, according to the Associated Press.
"It's been an absolute nightmare," said Shemane Nugent, who is residing in one of her husband's cabins in northern Michigan with the couple's 12-year-old son, Rocco.
"We've been told that we can't go back in there, that there's mold contamination throughout the house. We might lose everything in there, my photo albums, Ted's trophies, all of our clothes, everything."
Shemane Nugent said the contamination apparently stems from a water leak in the roof of their 5,000-square-foot home where the couple has lived there for more than a decade.
The house is on a 2,000-acre spread outside of Jackson where the Nugents have their own preserve filled with imported animals and domestic deer raised for controlled hunts.
"I went to a toxicologist in Royal Oak and they tested 12 vials of my blood," said Shemane. "I was just feeling tired all the time and kept getting these migraine headaches. They found four mold types in my blood stream and said I had pre-emphysema and pre-asthma conditions that may be related to the mold exposure. Fortunately, Rocco didn't get too sick."
Shemane Nugent said her family is consulting with an attorney and may pursue legal action later this year.