The newest installment in Fret12's "The Sound And The Story" DVD series takes you behind the scenes with STONE SOUR guitarist Josh Rand.Get to know Rand's one-of-a-kind story — a story which, until now, has never been told. Learn his music the way it was meant to be played, by learning straight from Josh himself. Get his story the way it was meant to be told, through the people who know it best! With a massive amount of guitar content, lessons, exercises, interviews, gear tours, and more, this DVD gives you all-access the STONE SOUR guitarist. Whether you are a guitarist or a fan; you will experience the instrumental sounds and life stories that have combined to make him the musician he is today. Features * "The Sound" — over 1.5 hours of guitar footage in a series of unique lessons taught by Josh Rand himself.
* "The Story" — Josh Rand's biography featuring never-before-seen footage and photographs plus interviews with fellow musicians, friends, and family
* Instruction for 7 hit STONE SOUR songs, including selections from 2012 and 2013 "House Of Gold And Bones" parts 1 and 2
* Over 55 lessons, warm-ups, and exercises designed to improve lead playing
* 8 music-theory and guitar tutorials, including alternate picking, finder independence, hammer-ons/pull-offs, string skipping, sweep picking, musical modes, exotic scales, Josh's favorite warm-ups and more!
* Complete backstage gear tour covering guitars, amplifiers and pedals
* Personal studio tour of Josh Rand's guitar effects and accessories
* Never-before-seen interviews with Corey Taylor (STONE SOUR, SLIPKNOT) and Roy Mayorga (STONE SOUR)
* 44-page guitar-tablature book included
* Bonus content, including concert footage, outtakes and more! "Josh Rand: The Sound And The Story" will begin shipping on October 22 via Fret12.com. Asked if he takes formal lessons or online classes, Rand told Ultimate-Guitar.com, "I have in the past; I actually have my certificate from Berklee. I just got it last year. Right now I only have the 'rock guitar' certificate, which is, like, six courses but I'd like to get my 'master guitar,' which is eight." He added: "The day you think you know it all, you don't evolve anymore. You can learn new things every day and never master the instrument. I've come to open up to a lot more styles of music where I used to be one of those guys who thought if it's not metal, it sucks. Listening to new kinds of music has opened up new worlds for example there is a song on ['House Of Gold & Bones'] part 2 called 'Sadist' and the pre-chorus to that is very jazzy guitar-wise. It uses ninths and sevenths and jazz style chords and that is directly because I took those classes and I've begun to incorporate those different styles into what we do." Rand also revealed that the first guitar he ever got was "a knockoff Fender Stratocaster. He said: "I got it when I was nine for Christmas. It was cool for that day and then it got put in a closet and eventually it got given away, I believe. Then when I started playing again, I played bass. I got a Squier bass. Then when I started playing guitar again, the first guitar I got was an RG 560 that was black. I was quite a bit older that that time."