Spinefarm Records has set a June 24 Finnish release date for the third solo album from SONATA ARCTICA guitarist Elias Viljanen, entitled "Fire-Hearted". According to the label "there will be 12 tracks on the album and 10 of the tracks will be instrumental." Guest musicians on the CD include vocalists Marco Hietala (NIGHTWISH, TAROT) and Tony Kakko (SONATA ARCTICA), keyboardist Henrik Klingenberg (SONATA ARCTICA), bassist Jari Kainulainen (EVERGREY, ex-STRATOVARIUS) and drummer Mikko Sirén (APOCALYPTICA).
"Fire-Hearted" track listing:
02. Last Breath of Love (feat. Marco Hietala)
03. Cruel Groove
04. Kiss of Rain (feat. Tony Kakko)
05. Head up High
06. Up to Speed
08. One Tonight
09. The Triumph
10. My Guiding Light
12. Beautiful Piece
"Fire-Hearted" recording lineup:
* Elias Viljanen - Guitar
* Tony Kakko - Vocals (on "Kiss of Rain")
* Marco Hietala - Vocals (on "Last Breath of Love")
* Jaan Wessman - Fretless Bass Guitar (on "Beautiful Piece")
* Henrik Klingenberg - Keyboards
* Jari Kainulainen - Bass
* Tomi Ylönen - Drums (on "The Triumph", "Cruel Groove", "Up to Speed", "Head Up High", "Showstopper" and "My Guiding Light")
* Mikko Sirén - Drums (on "Supernatural", "Beautiful Piece", "Last Breath of Love", "Kiss of Rain", "Fire-Hearted" and "One Tonight")
Viljanen has been touted as Finland's answer to Joe Satriani, and his second solo album, "The Leadstar" (2005), featured "lightning speed, spark flying chops, flashy moves, and supreme melodies that rise from below and expand beyond the heavens," according to a press release. That CD also inclided Elias' hard rock, instrumental cover of LIONEL RICHIE's monster hit "Hello".
Viljanen joined SONATA ARCTICA in the fall of 2007.