Reactivated Swedish black metallers SHINING have been rejoined by bassist Phil A. Cirone. "Now with the new album just around the corner and a full lineup again, SHINING are preparing an extensive live set which will be forced upon the masses this autumn," the band writes. "Tour dates will follow shortly..."
SHINING recently posted a new song, entitled "Låt Oss Ta Allt Från Varandra", on its MySpace page. The track comes off the group's upcoming album, "V / Halmstad", tentatively due this spring via Osmose Productions.
According to the band, "V / Halmstad" will contain "six tracks of the darkest, yet most controversial, material we have written to date!" The track listing is as follows:
01. Yttligare Ett Steg Närmare Total Jävla Utfrysning (Yet Another Step Towards Complete Fucking Desolation)
02. Längtar Bort Från Mitt Hjärta (Longing Away From My Heart)
03. Låt Oss Ta Allt Från Varandra (Let Us Take All from the One and the Other)
04. Besvikelsens Dystra Monotoni (The Dismal Monotony of Disappointments)
05. Åttiosextusenfyrahundra (Eightthousandfourhundered)
06. Neka Morgondagen (Deny the Day of Tomorrow)
SHINING filmed its controversial February 3, 2007 concert at Diezel in Halmstad, Sweden for an upcoming DVD, entitled "Fy Fan För Livet!" In addition to the live footage, the disc will consist of a two-hour "road movie" and the promotional video for the new song "Låt Oss Ta Allt Från Varandra". SHINING's setlist spanned the band's entire career and the show featured guest appearances by members of MAYHEM and CARPATHIAN FOREST.