September 25, 2010, marks the 30th anniversary of the passing of LED ZEPPELIN drummer John Bonham. His groove and sound is considered to be the most influential of all rock-n-roll drummers; John "Bonzo" Bonham is the undisputed king. Bonzo will once again be honored in a special concert featuring rock's biggest names behind the kit at the Key Club in Hollywood, California.On stage and for one night only, a rotating cast of guest drummers perform their favorite LED ZEPPELIN songs. Confirmed drummers include: * Steven Adler (GUNS N' ROSES, ADLER'S APPETITE)
* Vinny Appice (BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, DIO)
* Kenny Aronoff (JOHN COUGAR, JOHN FOGERTY)
* Frankie Banali (QUIET RIOT)
* Jason Bonham (LED ZEPPELIN, FOREIGNER)
* Fred Coury (CINDERELLA)
* Jimmy D'Anda (BULLETBOYS)
* James Kottak (SCORPIONS)
* Khurt Maier (SALTY DOG)
* Chris Slade (THE FIRM, AC/DC)
* Chad Smith (RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, CHICKENFOOT)
* Brian Tichy (WHITESNAKE, FOREIGNER, BILLY IDOL)
* Joe Travers (ZAPPA PLAYS ZAPPA, DURAN DURAN)
* Simon Wright (AC/DC, DIO) Carmine Appice (VANILLA FUDGE, ROD STEWART) will perform via video. Joining the drummers on stage will be musicians Brent Woods (guitar), Michael "Denim" Devin (bass), Keith St. John (vocals), Stephen LeBlanc (keys) and Brian Tichy (guitar). "Not a day goes by where I don't think of John Bonham's snare sound, and it hit me — 'Why isn't there a Bonzo tribute where every drummer gets up on a Vistalite kit, with gong and timpanis, and plays their favorite ZEPPELIN song?" co-organizer Brian Tichy, said. "I thought of all the drummers I know that worship at the alter of John Bonham and being in L.A., there are so many here." Promoter Joe Sutton took care of the rest and has helped organize this striking tribute. His moxie for the all-mighty Bonzo and LED ZEPPELIN has never wavered.
"First and foremost, LED ZEPPELIN is the greatest band in the world and it is not a coincidence that John Bonham was the drummer," Sutton said. "Bonham's drumming is one of the main reasons that they were able to sound so huge." Sutton continued, "I remember the day that John Bonham died; it broke my heart. Not only to lose a great man and the best drummer in the world, but to lose LED ZEPPELIN as a band was just devastating to myself and everyone I knew. So to have a chance to put together a tribute 30 years later for the almighty Bonzo I will use all of my efforts and experience to put together a very special night." Tickets for "Bonzo: The Groove Remains The Same" can be purchased at Keyclub.com. The Key Club is located at 9039 Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood.