America's only hard-rock and heavy-metal award show is back for 2011! The third annual Revolver Golden Gods awards show presented by Epiphone will take place Wednesday, April 20, at Club Nokia in Downtown Los Angeles. The event will be televised on VH1 Classic on May 28. Tickets go on sale today Thursday, February 24, via Ticketmaster.This year, hosting duties for the Golden Gods will be handled by WWE pro-wrestling legend and FOZZY frontman Chris Jericho. The nominees in eight different categories — plus the recipients of this year's prestigious "Golden God Award" sponsored by Bethesda Softworks upcoming video game "Hunted: The Demon's Forge" and the "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award" — were revealed today at a press conference held at Club Nokia in downtown Los Angeles. Host Chris Jericho was on hand, along with Alice Cooper, Mick Mars (MÖTLEY CRÜE), Sebastian Bach, Wendy Dio (wife of Ronnie James Dio) and pro skateboarder Mike Vallely to announce the nominees. Beginning today, fans everywhere can cast their vote to decide who will take home the awards for "Epiphone Best Guitarist," "Drum Workshop Best Drummer," "Best Vocalist," "Affliction Album of the Year," "Samson/Zoom Best Live Band," "Most Metal Athlete," "Best New Band" and "Eagle Rock Comeback of the Year." Voting starts today at RevolverMag.com and ends on April 1. The complete list of nominees in each category is listed below. The 2011 Revolver Golden Gods awards show will feature one-of-a-kind special performances and collaborations onsite that honor both the past and future of heavy music. The "Golden God Award — which is given to one special honoree a year who embodies the spirit of hard rock and metal— will go to shock-rock godfather Alice Cooper, who is celebrating the reunion of the original ALICE COOPER group and their induction into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame. (In past years Revolver has honored metal legends Rob Halford of JUDAS PRIEST and Dave Mustaine of MEGADETH with the Golden God Award.) This year's recipient of the first-ever "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award" — renamed in honor of the late, great 2010 Best Vocalist Award winner — is none other than the Sunset Strip's most iconic band, MÖTLEY CRÜE. Presenters and attendees include Rob Zombie, Jerry Cantrell and Mike Inez of ALICE IN CHAINS, Vinnie Paul of PANTERA and HELLYEAH, Jamey Jasta of HATEBREED, former DREAM THEATER and AVENGED SEVENFOLD drummer Mike Portnoy, Robb Flynn of MACHINE HEAD, Taylor Momsen of THE PRETTY RECKLESS, Brendon Small of DETHKLOK, master shredder Yngwie Malmsteen, and action sports stars Mike Vallely, Chris Cole, Jason Ellis, and Carey Hart, as well as members of MEGADETH, ANTHRAX, and FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH. Expect more announcements soon. Adding to the celebration, the Revolver Golden Gods awards show will include hard-rocking musical performances by the reunited original ALICE COOPER group (in their first L.A. appearance in nearly 40 years), LOADED (featuring Duff McKagan of GUNS N' ROSES and VELVET REVOLVER fame), DEVILDRIVER (who will lead an all-star BLACK FLAG tribute set featuring Jamey Jasta and many others), Danish "Elvis metal" group VOLBEAT, Chris Jericho's band FOZZY and fast-rising metalcore outfit ASKING ALEXANDRIA who will be joined by Sebastian Bach for a rousing rendition of the SKID ROW favorite "Youth Gone Wild". More performers will be announced in the coming weeks. "If you're a fan of hard rock and heavy metal, there's only one place to be on 4.20 this year — and it ain't your couch, with a bag of Doritos, watching The Lord of the Rings for the 57th time," states Revolver Editor in Chief Brandon Geist. "Everyone who is anyone in heavy music is going to be at the Revolver Golden Gods, and unlike pretty much every other award show, you, the fans, not only get to pick the winners, but you're also invited to the party. So vote for your favorite bands, get your tickets, and I'll see you there!" 2011 Revolver Golden Gods nominees: Epiphone Best Guitarist(s) * John 5 (ROB ZOMBIE)
* Dan Donegan (DISTURBED)
* Gus G. (OZZY OSBOURNE, FIREWIND)
* Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengeance (AVENGED SEVENFOLD)
* Janick Gers, Dave Murray, and Adrian Smith (IRON MAIDEN)
* Alexi Laiho (CHILDREN OF BODOM) Drum Workshop Best Drummer * Tommy Clufetos (OZZY OSBOURNE)
* Abe Cunningham (DEFTONES)
* Joey Jordison (ROB ZOMBIE)
* Roy Mayorga (STONE SOUR)
* Nicko McBrain (IRON MAIDEN)
* Mike Portnoy (Ex-DREAM THEATER, AVENGED SEVENFOLD) Best Vocalist * Glenn Danzig (DANZIG)
* Bruce Dickinson (IRON MAIDEN)
* Chino Moreno (DEFTONES)
* Ozzy Osbourne (OZZY OSBOURNE)
* M. Shadows (AVENGED SEVENFOLD)
* Corey Taylor (STONE SOUR) Affliction Album of the Year * AVENGED SEVENFOLD, "Nightmare"
* BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, "Order of the Black"
* DEFTONES, "Diamond Eyes"
* OZZY OSBOURNE, "Scream"
* STONE SOUR, "Audio Secrecy"
* VOLBEAT, "Beyond Hell/Above Heaven" Samson Zoom Best Live Band * AVENGED SEVENFOLD
* IRON MAIDEN
* SEVENDUST Most Metal Athlete * Chris Cole (pro skateboarding)
* Dan Hardy (MMA fighting)
* Toni Lydman (NHL)
* The Miz (WWE wrestling)
* Jeremy Shockey (NFL football)
* Mike Vallely (pro skateboarding) Best New Band * ASKING ALEXANDRIA
* BLACK VEIL BRIDES
* THE DAMNED THINGS
* THE PRETTY RECKLESS
* TIMES OF GRACE
* WE ARE THE FALLEN Eagle Rock Comeback of the Year * ACCEPT
* FAITH NO MORE
* A PERFECT CIRCLE
* SYSTEM OF A DOWN A one-and-a-half-minute "preview" of the 2011 Revolver Golden Gods award show — featuring highlights from last year's event — can be viewed below.