Multinational metallers RAVEN LORD have have parted ways with drummer Larry Paterson and have replaced him with Rich Smith (POWER QUEST).Commented Smith: "I'm delighted to of been offered the throne to drum for RAVEN LORD. I can't wait to get in the rehearsal room with these guys and hit the road to play some kick-ass shows I'd like to thank all the guys in the band and the management for this opportunity." Added Paterson: "It is meant as no disrespect to any of you at all — and I wish great success for everybody. To cut a long story short, things are pretty tough right now as I have another band, a book and a documentary to make. All of this is running on a very tight schedule, which WILL definitely get in the way of RAVEN LORD." Said RAVEN LORD singer and bandleader Csaba Zvekan: "I'm saddened to see Larry go from RAVEN LORD, but if dates are clashing, there is not much any of us can do. The good thing is me and Larry Paterson will continue working on another band project called EXORCISM, which is expected to be released in 2014. "Well, you know what they say: the show must go on! And with summer shows in the pipeline, we had to act fast and find another drummer as a permanent solution. "Rich Smith is highly motivated to be the next LORD drummer, and with POWER QUEST calling it the quits, it was obvious that he was available for grabs. We took the opportunity and welcome Rich Smith to RAVEN LORD." RAVEN LORD is: * Csaba Zvekan (KILLING MACHINE) - Vocals
* Joe Stump (HOLYHELL, REIGN OF TERROR) - Lead Guitar
* Jamie Mallender (TONY MARTIN) - Bass
* Rich Smith (POWER QUEST) - Drums
* George Karafotis (VERMILLION DAYS) - Guitar
* Alessandro Duo (VOODOO HIGHWAY) - Keyboards RAVEN LORD's debut album, "Descent To The Underworld", was released on February 1 in Europe and February 12 in North America via Mausoleum Records. The CD was mixed by acclaimed Swedish producer Fredrik Nordström (AT THE GATES, ARCH ENEMY, NIGHTRAGE, IN FLAMES, DREAM EVIL, OPETH) and was mastered by U.S. mastering engineer Maor Appelbaum (SEPULTURA, HALFORD, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ANGRA, DOKKEN). The cover artwork was created by Brazilian artist Caio Caldas of CadiesArt, who has previously worked with DORO, PAUL DI'ANNO, SEVEN KINGDOMS, DOMINANZ and VIOLET SUN, among others.