This Thursday (December 17), Paul Rodgers will celebrate his 60th birthday. Scores of family, friends and musicians sat down with Kyle McCurry at WNGZ radio over the last several weeks to talk about the inspiration and legacy of Rodgers' music. Fans can listen to the entire sessions filled with stories that quite possibly may never have been heard, exclusively online at PaulRodgers.com and BadCompany.com. Dubbed the "Classic Rock Insider", the series features interviews with some of the biggest names in rock, including Mick Fleetwood, Bill Wyman, Alice Cooper, Jason Bonham, James Burton, upcoming U.K. tour mate Joe Perry and many more, interspersed with music spanning Rodgers' career in FREE, BAD COMPANY, THE FIRM, QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS and his Grammy-nominated solo works.
* Robby Krieger discussing how THE DOORS had Paul Rodgers on a very short list of possible front men to take the spot in the band (after Jim Morrison had left and before THE DOORS called it quits).
* Jason Bonham recalls growing up and playing as a little kid in his dad's living room — with BAD COMPANY's "Rock and Roll Fantasy" as the background soundtrack.
* Mick Fleetwood talking about his longtime admiration for Paul Rodgers, his music and how amazed he is to have very recently connected with Paul.
* Randy Bachman talks about how FREE's "All Right Now" is a staple in his shows to this day.
* Johnny Van Zant talks about the role he played in Paul Rodgers meeting his wife Cynthia.
* Listen in as different artists recount discovering Paul Rodgers for the first time. Joe Elliott of DEF LEPPARD talks about listening to FREE in England while he was growing up, how he learned about them and James Young of STYX talks about being a young Chicagoan finding out about Rodgers and how it affected him.
"Classic Rock Insider" Paul Rodgers 60th birthday celebration features interviews with:
* Joe Elliott (DEF LEPPARD)
* Joe Perry (AEROSMITH)
* Mick Fleetwood (FLEETWOOD MAC)
* Paul Teutle (ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS)
* Robby Krieger (THE DOORS)
* Bill Wyman (formerly of THE ROLLING STONES)
* Johnny Van Zant (LYNYRD SKYNYRD)
* Randy Bachman (formerly of BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE, GUESS WHO and now of BACHMAN & TURNER)
* Jimmy Bowskill
* Alice Cooper
* Jason Bonham
* Bob Heil
* Chris Slade (THE FIRM)
* Colin Bradley (Paul's childhood friend)
* Deborah Bonham
* Howard Leese
* James Burton (ELVIS)
* James Young (STYX)
* Lucy Pillar (longtime fan)
* Mick Ralphs (BAD COMPANY)
* Pat Monohan (TRAIN)
* Paul O'Neil (TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA)
* Steve, Paul and Cynthia Rodgers
Rodgers, celebrating over four decades as a writing and recording artist (FREE, BAD COMPANY, THE FIRM, QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS), was recently presented with the "Classic Songwriter" award by Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck at the annual Classic Rock Magazine Roll of Honour 2009. Last year, Rolling Stone named Rodgers one of the "Top 100 Singers of All Time," Classic Rock placed him at #2 on their "50 Greatest Singers in Rock" list and England's Planet Rock radio fan poll placed him at #3 on their "Greatest Voices of Rock" list. His debut solo DVD, "Live in Glasgow", is certified gold and charted at #1 in Canada, #2 in Japan, #3 in the U.S. and #4 in the U.K.