PAUL DI'ANNO Says His U.S. Tour Is Being Rescheduled For Next June

Former IRON MAIDEN singer Paul Di'Anno's previously announced U.S. tour, which was scheduled to kick off earlier this month, has been officially postponed until 2013. The trek was called off due to the fact that the musician had not secured a proper working visa to be able to enter the country.

In an we posting on his Facebook page, Di'Anno writes: "My personal and sincere apologies go out to all of my fans and friends (and my band LONERO) and indeed all individual show promoters and everyone involved in this supposed USA December 2012-January 2013 tour cancelation as I am deeply saddened at the total mismanagement of this whole thing. As I’m sure you can imagine, I cannot actually play the tour without first having a USA work visa.

"I would also like to point out that I have not had any news whatsoever in the past couple of weeks (despite my constant requests) on the USA work visa that I have been waiting and waiting on. Plus I was not provided with an air ticket and indeed I have not received any deposits either — just for the record.

"In brief, the only news I have ever had of this tour were the dates of the shows themselves.

"I am very sorry indeed for any fans that have not managed to get the cancelation tour information at an earlier time than this last-minute blog. This is, and has been, ALL totally out of my control, and as you can imagine, I am more than pissed off at this whole situation.

"No doubt (as usual) some (so-called) rock journalists (and their websites and blogs) will slag me off without even having any clues whatsoever as to the reasons behind this cancelation, but I guess that is what some of 'em are best at.

"The main culprit behind this mess is the arsebag guy (he'll remain nameless just for now) who was supposed to get the visa... This total tosser did 'f**k-all' and did not even tell us that he had done nothing whilst he just pissed off for Christmas and left this nightmare behind him..... He was NOT arranged by me but he WAS arranged by someone in the USA who should know better, and so I left it up to these capable people. I was supposed to be onstage tonight and thereafter with my band LONERO, and through trusting these people, it's me (as usual) who bares the brunt of all this.

"The tour is supposed to now be resheduled to next June 2013. However, this time, if these f**kers do not bother getting my U.S. visa finalised during this coming January, then (as i have pointed out to them), there won't be no tour. So watch this space and let's see if some people get their act together whilst I await the statutory slagging."

Di'Anno completed his first North American tour in early 2010, 17 years after he was deported following a prison term for guns and drug offenses.

On August 27, 2011, Di'Anno played his first show since serving time in a U.K. prison after he falsely collected U.K. government benefits by claiming he suffered nerve damage to his back that prevented him from working.

Due to a number of health issues, including a knee problem which will require surgery soon, Di'Anno announced in July that he will stop touring next year.

Michael Salenius, Di'Anno's Swedish booking manager and tour manager, told BLABBERMOUTH.NET that next year will be "a big, fantastic" last touring year for Paul, with a lot of solo shows, festival appearances and Di'Anno vs. Blaze Bayley concerts. You will also see various guest musicians joining Paul on stage.

Di'Anno recorded two classic albums with IRON MAIDEN before being fired and replaced by Bruce Dickinson. He went on to front a number of other bands, including KILLERS and BATTLEZONE, and released several solo records.

Tags:

Posted in: News

COMMENTS

To comment on a BLABBERMOUTH.NET story or review, you must be logged in to an active personal account on Facebook. Once you're logged in, you will be able to comment. User comments or postings do not reflect the viewpoint of BLABBERMOUTH.NET and BLABBERMOUTH.NET does not endorse, or guarantee the accuracy of, any user comment. BLABBERMOUTH.NET reserves the right to "hide" comments that may be considered offensive, illegal or inappropriate and to "ban" users that violate the site's Terms Of Service. Hidden comments will still appear to the user and to the user's Facebook friends. If a new comment is published from a "banned" user or contains a blacklisted word, this comment will automatically have limited visibility (the "banned" user's comments will only be visible to the user and the user's Facebook friends). To report any abusive, obscene, defamatory, racist, homophobic or threatening comments, or anything that may violate any applicable laws, please send an e-mail to blabbermouthinbox(@)gmail.com with pertinent details.