Music-News.com has uploaded a 15-minute video clip featuring highlights from the red carpet at the seventh annual Classic Rock Roll Of Honour, which was held last night (Wednesday, Novemebr 9) at the world-famous Roundhouse in Camden, England. The ceremony was hosted by KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons. Guitarist Jeff Beck was awarded the highest accolade of the evening, The Living Legend Award, presented by Roger Taylor from QUEEN.
The full list of winners is as follows:
* The Living Legend Award: Jeff Beck
* Event Of The Year: Roger Waters' The Wall Live Tour
* Breakthrough Act Of The Year: BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION
* The Spirit Of Prog: JETHRO TULL
* The Innovator Award: DEEP PURPLE
* Musicians' Union Maestro Award: Steve Winwood
* Tommy Vance Inspiration Award: Steve Marriot
* Classic Songwriter: MANIC STREET PREACHERS
* Outstanding Contribution: Bob Zrin
* Metal Guru Award: SCORPIONS
* Classic Album Award: THE WHO - "Quadrophenia"
* VIP Award: Baron Wolman
* Best New Band: VINTAGE TROUBLE
* Album Of The Year: Michael Monroe "Sensory Overdrive"
* Reissue Of The Year: QUEEN reissues package of their five albums
* Film/DVD Award: Lemmy
* Band Of The Year: FOO FIGHTERS
MOTRHEAD's Lemmy, who picked up an award for his documentary "Lemmy", told BBC 6 Music he felt "fine" after getting the prize but was shocked the film was received so well. "It was flattering they wanted to do it, I didn't think it had a pony's chance in hell of making it do anything and then it did," he said.
Beck took his "Living Legend" award in his stride, saying "It's a bit overblown, it's a bit over the top, I am me and I am never going to forget who I am and I am glad I am rooted on the ground and my mum would never have tolerated that rubbish."
Fans voted QUEEN's reissues package of five albums the best reissues of the year, fighting off competition from THE WHO's "Live at Leeds" and DAVID BOWIE's "Station to Station" deluxe.
"It's a very nice surprise to me," QUEEN guitarist Brian May told BBC 6 Music. "You do beaver away on these projects and a lot of time and effort went into this and you think will anyone actually notice how brilliant they are and appreciate them and the good news is they do."
Check out photos from Wire Image.