NECRONAUT, the solo project of former DISMEMBER/CARNAGE drummer Fred Estby, has been confirmed for this year's edition of the Sweden Rock Festival, set to take place June 8-11, 2011 in Sölvesborg in southern Sweden.
NECRONAUT is no ordinary project. When the celebrated, eponymous debut album was released this past autumn, Swedish daily paper Expressen wrote, "If Dave Grohl had dared getting his hands dirty, PROBOT could have turned out as well as former DISMEMBER drummer Fred Estby's solo project".
Death metal veteran Fred Estby has gathered some of Sweden's hardest, most uncompromising musicians for a unique appearance at Sweden Rock Festival. According to the band leader, this may very well be NECRONAUT's only public concert ever. He also promises that the all-star line-up will deliver not only NECRONAUT material, but also some other brutal surprises.
Musicians confirmed so far:
* Fred Estby (ex-DISMEMBER)
* Nicke Andersson (IMPERIAL STATE ELECTRIC, ex-HELLACOPTERS, ex-ENTOMBED)
* Tomas "Tompa" Lindberg (AT THE GATES)
* Erik Danielsson (WATAIN)
* Tyrant (NIFELHEIM)
* Hellbutcher (NIFELHEIM)
* Janne "JB" Christoffersson (GRAND MAGUS)
* Andreas "Drette" Axelsson (TORMENTED, ex-EDGE OF SANITY)
* David Blomqvist (DISMEMBER)
* Tobias Christiansson (DISMEMBER, GRAVE)
* Robert Pehrsson (DUNDERTÅGET, DEATH BREATH)
The festival billing is shaping up as follows (in alphabetical order):
DAN REED BAND
JASON & THE SCORCHERS
JOAN JETT AND THE BLACKHEARTS
RHAPSODY OF FIRE