British/American grindcore legends NAPALM DEATH will release their 15th studio album, "Apex Predator - Easy Meat", on January 27, 2015 (one day earlier internationally) via Century Media Records. The CD's striking artwork, which can be seen below, was created by Danish designer Frode Sylthe (Friktion.com), who has previously worked on the band's "Utilitarian" album as well as with such other acts as AT THE GATES, TOTALT JÄVLA MÖRKER, THE HAUNTED and BURST.
"Apex Predator - Easy Meat" track listing:
01. Apex Predator - Easy Meat
02. Smash A Single Digit
03. Metaphorically Screw You
04. How The Years Condemn
05. Stubborn Stains
06. Timeless Flogging
07. Dear Slum Landlord…
09. Bloodless Coup
10. Beyond The Pale
11. Stunt Your Growth
14. Adversarial / Copulating Snakes
A promotional video for the short and intense track "Smash A Single Digit" can be seen below. The clip was directed and produced by Michael Panduro, who has previously worked for bands like CEPHALIC CARNAGE, SAINT VITUS and JOB FOR A COWBOY.
Trivia facts about this clip: The video is made up of 1093 unique drawings, each one hand-drawn in ink on paper by artist Lisbet Fredslund and actually 225 of the drawings are of the face of NAPALM DEATH vocalist Mark "Barney" Greenway, who checked in to comment the clip as follows: "Couldn't be happier with the 'Smash A Single Digit' video clip. It shows nothing of dignity or life's fundamental pleasures — only a snapshot of those unfortunate enough to only be deemed as numbers for production quotas in this world. When a 'digit' has therefore been expended, it is rubbed out (or consumed leaving no trace, as in the case of this video). In my opinion, Michael Panduro and the team produced a real work of art and I think the general style holds some really nice future artistic possibilities for NAPALM DEATH."
"Apex Predator - Easy Meat" will be made available in the following formats:
* Jewel Case CD with 20-page booklet (14 songs)
* Digital Download (14 songs)
* 180-gram LP with a double-sided A2 poster, lyric sheet and one bonus track (15 songs, bonus track: "Critical Gluttonous Mass")
* Limited Mediabook CD with expanded 40-page booklet, a sticker and 3 bonus tracks (17 songs, bonus tracks: "What Is Past Is Prologue", "Oh So Pseudo" and the G-ANX cover version "Clouds Of Cancer / Victims Of Ignorance")
* Digipak CD with 24-page booklet and one bonus track / North America only! (15 songs, bonus track: "Oh So Pseudo")
* Limited red-coloured Cassette with one bonus track (15 songs, bonus track: "Critical Gluttonous Mass")
* Limited Mailorder Boxset, 1000x copies worldwide (Content: Mediabook CD with expanded 40-page booklet, a sticker and 3 bonus tracks, a clear cassette version of the album with one bonustrack, an exclusive NAPALM DEATH beanie, a double-sided A3 poster and a button bag with 3 pins).
The LP will be available in the following versions:
* Unlimited Black LP
* 200x Clear LP (Via CM Webshop Europe)
* 300x White LP (Via CM Distro Europe)
* 200x Transparent Green LP (Via Nuclear Blast Europe)
* 800x Solid Red LP (Via CM North America)
* 200x Solid Blue LP (Via CM Distro USA)
* 200x Dark Green LP (Via CM Distro USA)
NAPALM DEATH vocalist Mark "Barney" Greenway recently shot down speculation that the band's longtime guitarist Mitch Harris is officially out of NAPALM or is terminally ill.
Harris took an indefinite break last fall to tend to a family situation and Wikipedia initially wrongly scrubbed him from the band roster. He has since temporarily been replaced by John Cooke (CORRUPT MORAL ALTAR).
"There is no weirdness," Greenway told Decibel magazine. "It's something that you can't put a time limit on. I'd rather he sort his situation out and come back with the decks cleared. The situation might change at some point, but we are letting him get on with it, because it's heavy stuff. But we're trying not to be pessimistic."
Greenway continued: "People think Mitch is terminally ill and he isn't. Or they think he has left the band for shady reasons and he hasn't. You have to cut people some slack. We did that for Shane [Embury, bass] when he had some problems."
NAPALM DEATH and VOIVOD will join forces for a North American tour, aptly dubbed "Through Space And Grind", in January/February.
NAPALM DEATH will appear at the 2015 edition of the 70000 Tons Of Metal cruise in the Caribbean (Florida / Jamaica) from January 22 to January 26, alongside bands like ARCH ENEMY, BEHEMOTH, BLIND GUARDIAN, CANNIBAL CORPSE, MUNICIPAL WASTE and many more.