British/American grindcore legends NAPALM DEATH released their 15th studio album, "Apex Predator - Easy Meat", on January 27 (one day earlier internationally) via Century Media Records. The CD's striking artwork, which can be seen below, was created by Danish designer Frode Sylthe (Friktion.com), who has previously worked on the band's "Utilitarian" album as well as with such other acts as AT THE GATES, TOTALT JÄVLA MÖRKER, THE HAUNTED and BURST.
The first "Apex Predator - Easy Meat" track-by-track breakdown video, featuring the band's lead singer, Mark "Barney" Greenway, explaining the lyrical themes of the songs on the album, can be seen below.
"Apex Predator - Easy Meat" track listing:
01. Apex Predator - Easy Meat
02. Smash A Single Digit
03. Metaphorically Screw You
04. How The Years Condemn
05. Stubborn Stains
06. Timeless Flogging
07. Dear Slum Landlord…
09. Bloodless Coup
10. Beyond The Pale
11. Stunt Your Growth
14. Adversarial / Copulating Snakes
Asked if he feels that NAPALM DEATH is bigger now than it ever has been, Greenway told Metal Mark of SkullsNBones.com: "It's not just a feeling. I mean, we're selling more records right now than we ever have done. And that's not just vinyl. For us, it's vinyl, CDs… everything is selling really, really well. And when you consider, we haven't done anything to gain a commercial advantage. In fact, we turn down stuff that could gain us a commercial advantage, because of our ethos. I think then that's kind of mindblowing. It just goes to prove that you stick to what you wanna do and not what some things that you might not feel comfortable with. You live and die by your own decisions."
A promotional video for the short and intense track "Smash A Single Digit" can be seen below. The clip was directed and produced by Michael Panduro, who has previously worked for bands like CEPHALIC CARNAGE, SAINT VITUS and JOB FOR A COWBOY.
"Apex Predator - Easy Meat" was made available in the following formats:
* Jewel Case CD with 20-page booklet (14 songs)
* Digital Download (14 songs)
* 180-gram LP with a double-sided A2 poster, lyric sheet and one bonus track (15 songs, bonus track: "Critical Gluttonous Mass")
* Limited Mediabook CD with expanded 40-page booklet, a sticker and 3 bonus tracks (17 songs, bonus tracks: "What Is Past Is Prologue", "Oh So Pseudo" and the G-ANX cover version "Clouds Of Cancer / Victims Of Ignorance")
* Digipak CD with 24-page booklet and one bonus track / North America only! (15 songs, bonus track: "Oh So Pseudo")
* Limited red-coloured Cassette with one bonus track (15 songs, bonus track: "Critical Gluttonous Mass")
* Limited Mailorder Boxset, 1000x copies worldwide (Content: Mediabook CD with expanded 40-page booklet, a sticker and 3 bonus tracks, a clear cassette version of the album with one bonustrack, an exclusive NAPALM DEATH beanie, a double-sided A3 poster and a button bag with 3 pins).
The LP was made available in the following versions:
* Unlimited Black LP
* 200x Clear LP (Via CM Webshop Europe)
* 300x White LP (Via CM Distro Europe)
* 200x Transparent Green LP (Via Nuclear Blast Europe)
* 800x Solid Red LP (Via CM North America)
* 200x Solid Blue LP (Via CM Distro USA)
* 200x Dark Green LP (Via CM Distro USA)