On February 24, 2012 (February 28 in North America), Season of Mist will release a compilation of remixed tracks from MORBID ANGEL's latest album, "Illud Divinum Insanus". Far from being just revamped versions of the seminal extreme metal band's newest songs, this collection will present the work of 39 artists from the electro / industrial, techno and club scene.
"Illud Divinum Insanus The Remixes" track listing:
* LAIBACH - "I Am Morbid" (Wall Of Morbid Mix)
* CEVIN KEY/HIWATT MARSHALL - "Omnidead"
* BRAIN LEISURE - "Too Extreme" (Black Symphony Edition)
* THE TOXIC AVENGER - "10 More Dead"
* MALAKWA - "I Am Morbid"
* SYNAPSCAPE - "Too Extreme"
* PUNISH YOURSELF VS. SONIC AREA - "Destructos Vs The Earth" (Doomsdaymarchmix)
* HIV+ - "Too Extreme"
* MICROPOINT - "I Am Morbid"
* JOHN LORD FONDA - "Too Extreme" (Metallyzer Remix)
* EVIL ACTIVITIES - "Radikult"
* MIXHELL - "Too Extreme"
* BLACK LUNG - "I Am Morbid"
* MONDKOPF - "Radikult"
* XYTRAS - "Existo Vulgor"
* TOXIC ENGINE - "I Am Morbid"
* AHNST ANDERS - "I Am Morbid"
* NACHTMAHR - "Destructos Vs. The Earth"
* TIM SKOLD - "Profundis / Mea Culpa"
* BLACK STROBE - "10 More Dead"
* CHRIS POHL - "Too Extreme"
* PROJECT PITCHFORK - "Destructos Vs. The Earth"
* TREPONEM PAL - "10 More Dead"
* SCOTT BROWN - "I Am Morbid"
* FIXHEAD - "Radikult"
* DJ RUFFNECK - "I Am Morbid"
* IGORRR - "Remixou Morbidou"
* TAMTRUM - "I Am Morbid"
* TEK-ONE - "10 More Dead"
* ADRIAN - "I Am Morbid"
* THE HORRORIST - "Existo Vulgor"
Digital Download Card:
* COMBICHRIST - "Destructos Vs. The Earth"
* CHRYSALIDE - "Nevermore"
* ASCHE - "Destructos Vs. The Earth"
* SYLVGHEIST MAELSTROM - "10 More Dead " (Deconstructed)
* DEAD SEXY INC. - "I Am Morbid"
* ROGER ROTOR - "Radikult"
* THE PROCESSUS - "I Am Morbid"
* MULK - "Existo Vulgor"
A trailer for the release can be seen below.
MORBID ANGEL's latest album, "Illud Divinum Insanus", sold around 3,600 copies in the United States in its first week of release to enter The Billboard 200 chart at position No. 141. The effort marks MORBID ANGEL's first CD to feature bassist/vocalist David Vincent since 1995's "Domination".
MORBID ANGEL's previous album, "Heretic", opened with around 3,900 units back in October 2003. That CD has shifted more than 30,000 copies to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
"Illud Divinum Insanus" was released on June 7 (one day earlier internationally) via Season of Mist. The cover artwork was designed by Gustavo Sazes.
When asked in a recent interview with Finland's Kaaos TV how the material from "Illud Divinum Insanus", has been going over live, David Vincent said, "[The fans] love it live. A few people, maybe some of the songs on the record are a bit too extreme for them, but by and large it's a great record. It's doing really well. A lot of excitement. We're happy to play all these songs live. Obviously, [in] the set we also include a lot of the other classics. This way everyone will have a chance to hear a lot of the different songs that they wanna hear."
Regarding whether he and his bandmates expected to get such a mixed reaction to "Illud Divinum Insanus" during the making of the CD, Vincent said, "Well, the only thing we do is make music and we're creative. We don't think about these things so much. We do what we do. My work is done, other than we perform. But the studio is done. We made a record that broke down a lot of boundaries and included some stuff that was never included before. But we've always done these kind of things. It should be no surprise to anyone that we always do crazy things, 'cause we are crazy."
Photo credit: Alex Solca