Guitarist "Metal" Mike Chlasciak (HALFORD, SEBASTIAN BACH, TESTAMENT) recently wrapped up the "Metal Week Summer Camp" held at the Chatham, New Jersey location of School Of Rock.The camp, which took place from July 25 to July 29, concentrated on offering a group of students a setlist consisting of metal classics and preparing them for a live final performance. The live show took place Friday, July 29 at Sam Ash in Springfield, New Jersey. As the performance neared its end, Mike joined the students for a rendition of PANTERA's "Walk". "I was totally into working with the young metalheads and will tell you right now that metal is alive and well judging by the determination, talent and enthusiasm that is abundant with the young metallers," Mike said. "I think it is great. We have 9-year-olds performing DEATH's 'Pull The Plug'. "If you think all the young hearts belong to pop or rap think again. I am very proud of them and I would like to thank Jamie, Art, Matt and Joe at School Of Rock, Chatham, New Jersey for the warm welcome. Horns up way high, indeed." School Of Rock's general managers Jamie and Art Lima added, "It meant a lot to us and our students to have Metal Mike here at School Of Rock Chatham, and to have him perform at the 'Metal Week' finale! Students really enjoyed meeting and looked forward to playing with Mike all week! It really motivated them to rehearse and fine-tune the material they were working on. It is great that Mike was available as a guest artist." "Metal Week Summer Camp" with Metal Mike setlist: * METALLICA - "Whiplash"
* IRON MAIDEN - "2 Minutes To Midnight"
* JUDAS PRIEST - "Hell Bent For Leather"
* PANTERA - "Walk"
* DEATH - "Pull The Plug"
* MEGADETH - "Symphony Of Destruction"
* HELLOWEEN - "Dr. Stein"
* BLACK SABBATH - "Children Of The Grave"
* MERCYFUL FATE - "Evil"
* NEVERMORE - "Believe In Nothing" Metal Mike is currently putting the finishing touches on a solo record entitled "The Metalworker". The release will feature Mike's collaboration with vocal siren Carlos Zema and DAATH's Kevin Talley. Mike's solo band debuted in 2010, playing select U.S. dates as the support act for German metallers PRIMAL FEAR. Chlasciak pens a monthly column called "Metal For Life" for Guitar World magazine. Mike has released five solo-based albums with bands PAINMUSEUM and ISOLATION CHAMBER. He recently released "This River Shall Burn", an e-book containing dark and introspective collection of lyrics. He previously wrote two metal guitar instructional books, "Ridiculous Riffs For The Terrifying Guitarist" and "Monster Coordination - Guitar Boot Camp".