In 2017, MEGADETH enlisted Quebec, Canada's Utopique Creations to create a new Vic Rattlehead sculpture for the album cover of "Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good - The Final Kill".
A behind-the-scenes look at the making of Vic is available below.
Century Media and Legacy Recordings have announced the 2018 deluxe reissue of MEGADETH's classic debut album, "Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good!", due on June 8.
"Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good - The Final Kill" has been completely restored to Dave Mustaine's intended vision. Remixed by veteran metal mixer Mark Lewis (WHITECHAPEL) and remastered by Ted Jensen for an optimal listening experience, the 2018 version reveals unheard parts and performances throughout the record.
This rare gem includes the full album along with seven live audio tracks from VHS tapes found in Dave Mustaine's own attic. In addition to the bonus live tracks, the 2018 reissue also features MEGADETH's 1984 three-track demo and the once-removed cover of Lee Hazlewood's "These Boots Are Made for Walkin'" that has been added back to the record with recut vocals intended to maintain the integrity of both the original song and MEGADETH's own snarling rendition. The package is further enhanced by a new album cover featuring a fully executed sculpture of the iconic skull that has been lost over the many years since the album's initial release. The packaging also includes classic flyers and band photos pulled from their archive of timeless metal moments from MEGADETH's storied 35-year history.
"The Final Kill" is the complete vision of Mustaine, who has contributed liner notes delving into the struggles during that time period as well as some of the surprising moments during the remixing sessions.
"I am just as much amazed at the music we made as I am at the pure fact that we survived it all," Mustaine said.
01. Last Rites / Loved To Deth (Remastered)
02. Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good! (Remastered)
03. The Skull Beneath The Skin (Remastered)
04. Rattlehead (Remastered)
05. Chosen Ones (Remastered)
06. Looking Down The Cross (Remastered)
07. Mechanix (Remastered)
08. These Boots (Remastered)
09. Last Rites / Loved To Deth (live) (1987 London, UK)
10. Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good! (live) (1986 Denver, CO)
11. The Skull Beneath The Skin (live) (1990 London, UK)
12. Rattlehead (live) (1987 Bochum, Germany)
13. Chosen Ones (live) (1986 Denver, CO)
14. Looking Down The Cross (live) (1986 Denver, CO)
15. Mechanix (live) (1986 Denver, CO)
16. Last Rites / Loved To Deth (demo) (Remastered)
17. The Skull Beneath The Skin (demo) (Remastered)
18. Mechanix (demo) (Remastered)