Danish thrash/power metallers MANTICORA will release their eighth album, "To Kill To Live To Kill", on August 3 via ViciSolum Records. Another MANTICORA concept double effort, it is based on the thriller/horror novel that lead singer Lars F. Larsen has written.
The novel itself is scheduled for a May 2018 release, while the two concept albums will be released as two separate albums, one year apart.
"To Kill To Live To Kill" cover artwork is a stunning picture, painted by the extremely talented Danish painter David Troest, and it resembles the stories of the novel.
Larsen explains: "We have always tried out new cover artwork artists for each album, so when looking for the perfect person to give justice to the novel and the two albums, we wanted someone who'd be able to grasp the essence of the stories within the book, and when looking at David's pictures in general, it's evident for even the feeble-minded that he's that exact guy. He also lives less than an hour away from us, so it was a win-win situation for everyone to be able to meet up and do corrections on the front cover and all the other pictures that'll appear in the booklet. We're already beginning the work for the second album as well, so we can follow the release schedule of having the albums out 12 months apart."
"To Kill To Live To Kill" track listing:
01. Piano Concerto 1 - B Flat Minor...
02. Echoes Of A Silent Scream
03. Through The Eyes Of The Killer - Towering Over You
04. Katana - Awakening The Lunacy
05. The Farmer's Tale Pt. 1 - The Aftermath Of Indifference
06. The Devil In Lisbon (instrumental)
08. Humiliation Supreme (instrumental)
09. Nothing Lasts Forever
10. Katana - Opium
11. Through The Eyes Of The Killer - Revival Of The Muse That Is Violence
12. The Farmer's Tale Pt. 2 - Annihilation At The Graves
The music was recorded and mixed at Hansen Studios with producer Jacob Hansen (VOLBEAT, DESTRUCTION) who also helmed the first two MANTICORA albums, and vocals were recorded with Tommy Hansen at Jailhouse studios. Tommy previously produced five albums for the band.