Richmond, Virginia metallers LAMB OF GOD have set "Resolution" as the title of their new album, due on January 24, 2012 via Epic Records (one day earlier internationally through Roadrunner). The CD was once again helmed by producer Josh Wilbur, who worked on the band's last effort, 2009's "Wrath"."Resolution" will feature 14 songs and will come in a digipack with artwork by longtime art director Ken Adams. There will be a special U.K. pre-order for a limited edition album bundle, containing a bonus 12-track live album, titled "Wrath - Tour 2009/2010", together with the "Resolution" digipack. Orders for the limited-edition package will be taken online only, strictly until December 25, from Play, Amazon and HMV. "Resolution" track listing: 01. Straight For The Sun
03. Ghost Walking
05. The Undertow
06. The Number Six
11. Terminally Unique
12. To The End
14. King Me Limited-edition pre-order bonus live album "Wrath - Tour 2009/2010" track listing: 01. The Passing
02. In Your Words
03. Set to Fail
04. Walk With Me In Hell
06. Now You've Got Something to Die For
08. As The Palaces Burn
09. Blacken the Cursed Sun
10. Laid to Rest
12. Black Label
The "Resolution" cover artwork can be seen below. One of the tracks that will appear on "Resolution" includes an orchestra and a choir. "There's opera singers, a whole symphony going on It's crazy," drummer Chris Adler told Gun Shy Assasssin about the song, which features the band's vocalist, Randy Blythe, singing slowly over the opening. "We were trying to figure out how to not be black metal but do something totally different. I think we succeeded," Adler said. Blythe previously described "Resolution" as "WAAAAY better than 'Wrath' overall." During its 2012 world tour, LAMB OF GOD, in connection with Epic Records and 914 Films, will shoot a feature film documenting fans and their personal stories of how they use the band's music to cope with their everyday lives. LAMB OF GOD will be looking for one individual in each specified location to be chosen to participate in this very special event. The person selected will be involved with the full day of LAMB OF GOD activities the day of the show in your hometown! If you would like to be considered, visit the submission page and submit a video and a written letter of 2,000 characters or less describing your life and how the band's music has impacted you. Participants must also meet the following requirements. * Video submissions telling your story should be kept to under 3 minutes.
* You MUST plan to be in town when LAMB OF GOD visits your area.
* You MUST be willing to allow LAMB OF GOD band and film crew full access to your lives (home, career, family, friends, etc.) at the time of filming.
* Entries must be English speaking only. "Wrath" sold around 68,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 2 (behind TAYLOR SWIFT's "Fearless") on The Billboard 200 chart. LAMB OF GOD's 2006 album, "Sacrament", opened with around 63,000 units to land at No. 8. This represented almost double the amount of records sold by its predecessor, "Ashes Of The Wake", which registered a first-week tally of 35,000 in September 2004. "Wrath" was released in North America on February 24, 2009 via Epic. The CD was issued in other territories through Roadrunner Records. The "Wrath" album was released in four configurations: an LP, a CD, a deluxe-edition CD with bonus disc which contains isolated recording parts as well as a super-deluxe version featuring a limited-edition box containing an LP, deluxe-edition CD and USB drive containing two exclusive bonus tracks. LAMB OF GOD performed at the sixth edition of D-TOX Rockfest on June 17 in Montebello, Quebec, Canada. This marked the group's first and only 2011 appearance.