Legendary LED ZEPPELIN guitarist Jimmy Page spoke to Absolute Radio about the making of "Led Zeppelin I", and how he emerged to lead the band during the making of that record, having come from THE YARDBIRDS. Check out the clip below.
As previously reported, deluxe editions of LED ZEPPELIN's first three albums — "Led Zeppelin", "Led Zeppelin II" and "Led Zeppelin III" — each sold more than 30,000 copies in the United States in their first week of release. The three titles re-entered the chart within the Top 10, marking the first time an artist had as many titles within the Top 15 at the same time since Whitney Houston scored three in the Top 10 following her death in 2012.
The Billboard 200 chart position: #7
First-week sales: 36,954
"Led Zeppelin II"
The Billboard 200 chart position: #9
First-week sales: 33,867
"Led Zeppelin III"
The Billboard 200 chart position: #10
First-week sales: 32,177
The launch of the LED ZEPPELIN reissue program, which is being led by Jimmy Page, includes the band opening "its vaults to share dozens of unheard studio and live recordings, with each album featuring a second disc of companion audio comprised entirely of unreleased music related to that album."
The albums were issued on June 3 in six different versions — the Super Deluxe Box; Deluxe Edition; Deluxe Edition Vinyl; Single CD; Original Album Vinyl; and Digital Download.
"When these things were originally done, they were done for vinyl," Page explained on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon". "And then they were remastered about 20 years ago for the CD market. But now there's a re-emerging vinyl market, CD, digital online — so the whole lot of these original albums has been remastered for all of those different media, if you like." He continued: "I thought, 'Other people have done this — other people have remastered their catalog, so let's see what we can do to make it, like, really special.'"
The Super Deluxe Box set of each LED ZEPPELIN album features:
* Remastered album on CD in vinyl replica sleeve.
* Companion audio on CD in a new sleeve and on 180-gram vinyl ("Led Zeppelin" features a previously unreleased October 1969 concert from Paris; "II" and "III" feature previously unreleased studio outtakes).
* Remastered album on 180-gram vinyl in a sleeve replicating the first pressing.
* High-def audio download card of all content at 96kHz/24 bit (Live tracks are 48kHz/24bit).
* Hard-bound, 70-plus-page book filled with rare and previously unseen photos and memorabilia.
* High-quality print of the original album cover, the first 30,000 of which are individually numbered.
* "Led Zeppelin" also includes a replica of the band's original Atlantic press kit.
Over 30 years since ZEPPELIN's last studio album — the outtakes collection, "Coda" — was released, Jimmy Page is astounded at the reverence ZEPPELIN's fans still hold for the band. "The most satisfying, the most rewarding part of it, is having been part of music like that, which has stood up to the test of time," he told The Pulse Of Radio. "Every musician hopes that their music will hold up. And it's wonderful."