In celebration of IRON MAIDEN's phenomenal 25-year history and in keeping with the recent international chart success of their double DVD, "The Early Years", EMI will release "The Number of The Beast" as a single on January 3, 2005.
The title track of the band's third (and first No 1!) album, this single was a Top 20 hit when originally released in 1982, and is rightly regarded as an all-time MAIDEN classic. This song typifies the band's sound signature of that era, from the chilling spoken introduction to the throat ripping opening scream from Bruce Dickinson. The single will be released in three very special limited-edition formats, featuring never-before-available live recordings from the Clive Burr charity shows at Brixton Academy in March 2002.
The news of the single release follows the spectacular reaction to the announcement of live shows for next summer. In Scandinavia 88,000 tickets sold within hours, with 51,000 sold out in 2 1/2 hrs for Gothenburg's Ullevi Stadium, 22,000 sold out in a day for Helsinki's Hartwall Arena (two shows) and 15,000 tickets first day for Oslo Spectrum (also two shows). Also recently on sale is the show at Paris Parc Des Princes Stadium on June 25 June. To satisfy insatiable MAIDEN fans, an official U.K. travel agent has been appointed to arrange official MAIDEN parties to the Paris show, with privileged access made available to the members of the fan club.
In response to repeated requests over the years, special limited edition prints of the original "Number of the Beast" album artwork signed by artist Derek Riggs will be sold through Eddie's Megastore. In true MAIDEN style, their fan club members will have first access to the prints,
The single is to be released on January 3, 2005 across three formats including an Enhanced CD, a strictly limited 7-Inch Colored Vinyl with free poster, and 12-Inch Picture Disc.
The full content is -
01. The Number of the Beast (Original Version)
02. The Number of the Beast - Live At Brixton - Recorded March 21, 2002 Brixton Academy
03. Hallowed Be Thy Name - live At Brixton - Recorded March 20, 2002 Brixton Academy
04. Enhanced Video - Original "Number of the Beast" Promo Video 1982
05. Enhanced Video – "Number of the Beast" - live At Brixton - Filmed and recorded March 21, 2002.
7 Inch Limited Edition Coloured Vinyl, with poster
Side A: The Number of the Beast (Original Version)
Side B: The Number of the Beast - Live At Brixton 2002
12 Inch Limited Edition- Picture Disc:
01. The Number of The Beast (Original Version)
02. The Number of The Beast - live At Brixton 2002
01. Remember Tomorrow - Live (Original B-side from 1982 single)