Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet has published three articles on IRON MAIDEN and their upcoming album, "A Matter of Life and Death" — one where the band members talk about how smooth the recording process was, one that describes the new album and one account of the band's reactions while watching England playing Sweden in the soccer World Cup. Links to the articles and translations of some of the highlights can be found at MaidenFans.com.
As previously reported, "A Matter of Life and Death", is scheduled for release on September 5 via Sanctuary Records.
The band started writing songs at the end of 2005 after a short break from their hugely successful festival appearances in Europe and the USA. After Christmas, the songs were completed and rehearsed when the band then got together with producer Kevin "Caveman" Shirley at Sarm West Studios in London to start work on recording the backing tracks.
As on previous projects all of the tracks were performed live and together in one room. No click tracks or computer tightening or manipulation has happened at any stage of the recording.
"A Matter of Life and Death" track listing:
01. Different Worlds (Smith/Harris) 4:17
02. These Colours Don't Run (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 6:52
03. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 8:44
04. The Pilgrim (Gers/Harris) 5:07
05. The Longest Day (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 7:48
06. Out Of the Shadows (Dickinson/Harris) 5:36
07. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg (Murray/Harris) 7:21
08. For The Greater Good of God (Harris) 9:24
09. Lord Of Light (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 7:23
10. The Legacy (Gers/Harris) 9:20
The band have just announced tour dates in Japan and the majority of the European dates at the end of 2006 are already sold out.