Parlophone Records (BMG/INgrooves Music Group for North America) is following the 2012/13 IRON MAIDEN vinyl picture disc reissues of the first eight IRON MAIDEN albums, which spanned the 1980s, with brand new pressings of the albums in heavyweight 180-gram black vinyl.
Two production videos focusing on the artwork and sound production of the new vinyl picture disc reissues of the first eight IRON MAIDEN albums in heavyweight 180g black vinyl can be seen below.
In conjunction with these premium album releases, a strictly limited one-off run of the seven-inch singles from each respective album are being made available. These highly collectable black vinyl singles were cut from the original analogue master tapes. Released in replica artwork packaging, they are sure to become a must-have item for fans, collectors and anyone who missed out first time round. The albums are also cut from the original analogue master tapes and packaged in identical artwork to the initial 1980s releases. As a bonus, the first batch of album releases ("Iron Maiden", "Killers", "The Number Of The Beast") are also made available in a Collector's Box sized to house all eight albums. This package is strictly limited edition and available while stocks last.
The records are being released chronologically across a two-month period starting October 13 (October 14 in North America) with the first three albums ("Iron Maiden", "Killers", "The Number Of The Beast") and the seven corresponding seven-inch singles:
* "Running Free" b/w "Burning Ambition"
* "Sanctuary" b/w "Drifter" (Live) and "I've Got The Fire" (Live)
* "Women In Uniform" b/w "Invasion"
* "Twilight Zone"/"Wrathchild" double A side
* "Purgatory" b/w "Genghis Khan"
* "Run To The Hills" b/w "Total Eclipse"
* "The Number Of The Beast" b/w "Remember Tomorrow" (Live)
October 27 (October 28 in North America): "Piece Of Mind", "Powerslave" and "Live After Death" and the six corresponding seven-inch singles:
* "Flight Of Icarus" b/w "I've Got The Fire"
* "The Trooper" b/w "Cross-Eyed Mary"
* "2 Minutes To Midnight" b/w "Rainbow's Gold"
* "Aces High" b/w "King Of Twilight"
* "Running Free" (Live) b/w "Sanctuary" (Live)
* "Run To The Hills" (Live) b/w "Phantom Of The Opera" (Live)
November 24 (November 25 in North America): "Somewhere In Time" and "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" and the six corresponding seven-inch singles:
* "Wasted Years" b/w "Reach Out"
* "Stranger In A Strange Land" b/w "That Girl"
* "Can I Play With Madness" b/w "Black Bart Blues"
* "The Evil That Men Do" b/w "Prowler ‘88"
* "The Clairvoyant" b/w "The Prisoner" (Live)
* "Infinite Dreams" (Live) b/w "Killers" (Live)
The release of these high-quality, black vinyl records offers optimum choice to fans who would like to own a piece of MAIDEN's authentic 1980s vinyl sound, or for those simply wanting to rediscover this much loved, iconic format. Coupled with the end of the Maiden England World Tour which began in North America in 2012 and finished last month at Knebworth Park's Sonisphere festival, this now completes MAIDEN's 1980s touring and catalogue reissues cycle, so the band are free to focus on their dynamic future plans.